Beginners and Beyond

Wacky Wobbling Wednesday Penguins (Read 38 times)

hog4life

Jimmy, nice run! Are you registered for Mercedes yet? Last time I checked, I couldn't find you.

Traci, BOO!!! I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. I hope you get well soon Sad

Philliefan33

I braved the cold ("feels like" temp of 7*) and went out for 5.6 miles after work.  I dressed correctly so it wasn't too bad. I altered my usual route to eliminate some stretches that would expose me to the brunt of the wind. My target was ~6 miles but I fell a little short...my GPS watch was buried under a couple of layers so it was hard to check my distance and I guessed wrong. But I was ready to be done anyway!

Another 5-7 miles planned tomorrow. I haven't decided yet whether they will be outside or on the TM.

From the Internet.

Annnnd my leg is bugging me again :/ Stiffness in my ankle area this time, plus tight calf and tib anterior. Le sigh. Stretching, rolling, and icing tonight and will see what they think at PT tomorrow. I'm worried again that it actually is a stress fracture.. No acute pain, but the whole thing just feels off. I was rather lazy about warming up before and stretching after lifting so if I'm lucky maybe that's all it is.

Edit: And it feels pretty good again after some stretching, rolling and massaging.. Kind of irritated from all the prodding but at least the muscles have loosened up. What the eff, leg, get your shit together.

Oh! On the bright side, I deadlifted more than my body weight for the first time ever! 125 pounds, not super impressive but it's nice to finally be normal-person strong after months of lifting dumbbells at home thinking I was too weak to attempt barbells at the gym Smile

Dad on the run.

Ginny - I have a HM coming up next month. I can't hold that kind of pace for that long though, lol.

Mitch - I am registering Friday when I get paid, money has been a bit tight.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Bin Running

Jack, Traci and Lauren.. Sorry you are going thru pain and injuries.. Hope thing heal real soon...

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

We wimped out again and ran inside, 4 miles, easy pace.  But we did run to/from the car.