Beginners and Beyond

If you like the color purple (Read 92 times)

Hip Redux

This house is the one for you.

I think the purple carpeted bathtub is my favorite.

happylily

Is that carpeting around the bath tub? I've never seen that. It's god awful.

EDIT: I just saw your comment, Oski.  We noticed the same thing. lol...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

.......... so much freaking purple............good god.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

Ugh 

Docket_Rocket

What onemile said.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

And I instantly thought, "Yes, although I liked the book a little better than the movie."

But the house is a bit much ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

LRB

That is a big ass scale next to a big ass toilet.  It looks like someone with a big ass love for the color purple, and a big ass lives there.

happylily

That is a big ass scale next to a big ass toilet.  It looks like someone with a big ass love for the color purple, and a big ass lives there.

LOL...

LRB

...I don't know, take the stupid carpet out of the picture and I have seen kitchens a lot worse.  Not that *I* would paint my kitchen purple but full disclosure, I do own a purple motorcycle. 

happylily

Purple motorcycle = très cool

Purple house = très tacky

LRB

Purple house = très tacky

That can be said about too much of any color depending on its hue.  Being in the building trades for the better part of a quarter century, I have seen my share of tackiness trust me.  I have also come across some pretty talented people though.  I guess there are all kinds.

happylily

That can be said about too much of any color depending on its hue.  Being in the building trades for the better part of a quarter century, I have seen my share of tackiness trust me.  I have also come across some pretty talented people though.  I guess there are all kinds.

I agree. It's not so much the color (though some colors seem tackier than others), it's the one color theme that gets to me. I find it snobbish. But maybe it works for a bachelor, or some rich professional couple. Like an all white decor... Or maybe I'm just jealous because my own house is a mess of everything. 

LRB

I agree. It's not so much the color (though some colors seem tackier than others), it's the one color theme that gets to me. I find it snobbish. But maybe it works for a bachelor, or some rich professional couple. Like an all white decor... Or maybe I'm just jealous because my own house is a mess of everything. 

Sister there is nothing to be jealous of in those shots.  lol  One would probably walk into the walls just trying to get around that joint!

Little Blue

Does it look like the dining table is in the master bedroom?

LRB

Does it look like the dining table is in the master bedroom?

Nice!  Maybe the entire thing is a master bedroom.  lol