Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #239 (Read 27 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Why is this week draggin so bad? It's only Wednesday? How? 6 miles this morning with 4 x 6 minutes T. It was not 1000 degrees, so it felt ok.

bluerun

Super B****

Too bad I wasted outdoor miles last night on the 5K TT on which I ended up bailing anyway, because it's gorgeous out now. (Actually, I think it's freezing. But gorgeous for running.) 10 on the AlterG -- the replacement parts are supposedly arriving today, and not a moment too soon.

I'm also supposedly getting my new work laptop delivered today, which is far less exciting.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

it's gorgeous out now

+1.  Looking forward to an early lunch run.

<3

onemile

meanwhile it's near record temps in WI (90s today and tomorrow)

KCRuns

4.75 with 6x 1:00 fartleks at 5k effort, they all ended up 20-40 seconds faster than my 5k PR pace, so that was nice.  I had 15x planned, but felt lightheaded after #6, so I walked awhile until I felt better and then did jog/walk all the way home.  It was pretty hot and humid out there this morning, so I probably shouldn't have attempted anything faster than easy pace, but it was fun while it lasted.

Half Crazy K 2.0

meanwhile it's near record temps in WI (90s today and tomorrow)

It was 90 something yesterday and will be 95 or so tomorrow & Friday. Today was just a tease.

RunningOnSand

I walked 4, and the PM chased me for the last mile. It was not pleasant.

What was pleasant, was the cooler temps! We are "up north" near the Canadian border near Voyageur's National Park. It is absolutely stunning up here. I may never return.

Cyberic

It was 51*F this morning here. I ran 10, with 4 x (3000 / 300) by feel/HR, with the Endorphin Speed (the Pros without the carbon plate).

12:10, 11:46, 12:04, 11:40 on the 3000s.  That is 11:55 average, or 6:24/mile

onemile

It was 90 something yesterday and will be 95 or so tomorrow & Friday. Today was just a tease.

here it's 3 more days of heat and then looks great (but I will be leaving on vacation (where the temps also look great)

It was 51*F this morning here. I ran 10, with 4 x (3000 / 300) by feel/HR, with the Endorphin Speed (the Pros without the carbon plate).

12:10, 11:46, 12:04, 11:40 on the 3000s.  That is 11:55 average, or 6:24/mile

Joyous

30min pool mix, right quad only modestly grump, seem less grumpy than the day after prior accotink 12s... at least so far..

sdWhiskers

Our heat wave continues through at least the weekend. It won't be "cold" until...December.

5.3 miles in fogginess which actually felt pretty nice compared to recent miserable weather. I ran 3 last night on the surface of the sun.

Kinda wanted to try the Yasso 800s, but determined I couldn't, because I can't really do the workout without a total of 10+ miles. I don't really have time to squeeze in without waking up earlier than usual, and eff that. So I was going to repeat last week's 8x800m w/200m rec. Well at some point during the warmup I decided I was going to do the Yassos anyway, so I did. 10x800m w/400m jog recoveries. Pretty much nailed it - 3:15 marathon, baby! Rep #2 was 3:19, but the rest were around 3:15, and I hammered #10 at 3:08. Of course I'm not convinced this means anything, and there will be no actual marathon to test it out for a very long time, but I'm happy with the result anyway.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Yasso awesome-ness

Nice work!

Marathon TT next week? 

Cyberic

Kinda wanted to try the Yasso 800s, but determined I couldn't, because I can't really do the workout without a total of 10+ miles. I don't really have time to squeeze in without waking up earlier than usual, and eff that. So I was going to repeat last week's 8x800m w/200m rec. Well at some point during the warmup I decided I was going to do the Yassos anyway, so I did. 10x800m w/400m jog recoveries. Pretty much nailed it - 3:15 marathon, baby! Rep #2 was 3:19, but the rest were around 3:15, and I hammered #10 at 3:08. Of course I'm not convinced this means anything, and there will be no actual marathon to test it out for a very long time, but I'm happy with the result anyway.

Great job, man!

The workout does require a lot of time.

The workout does require a lot of time.

Yeah, I thought I could do it in 10 even with a 2 mile warmup, and it’s 1.25 to get home from the track for cooldown. But that was based on some bad maths, and it ended up around 10.6. In the end of course I’m glad I got it done, just meant starting work a little late.

Dave