Beginners and Beyond

Over easy WednesDAILIES (Read 34 times)

LRB

LRB

'Sup!

I have 7 on the docket, be back later!

Good morning, y'all! I hope that everyone has an easy October.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Enjoy your seven.

I plan to do a few miles with the run club after work.

Cyberic

Recovery is going well. No running for me today.

Oh how I love my SRD.

Dave

runninggirl30

Hey all

Busy morning for me today but I'll get another 3 done in the afternoon.

delicate flower

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  7 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I didn't get my 9-10 miles in this morning  Dorian woke up at 12 AM not feeling good, so I took him to the couch and I figured it was gas. By 1 AM while laying on the couch he started puking, it was like the Exorcist  and he was face up so I freaked out thinking he was going to drown in his puke. The puking lasted for 5 minutes, but the whole thing lasted until 2...2:30 AM before he finally fell back to sleep.

When my alarm did go off at 4 AM, I said fuck it and turned it off. I'll see if my mom can watch him tonight, he woke up feeling a lot better so we'll just have to wait and see.

On a happier note..... only 30 days, 22 hours and 9 minutes until the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Actually upped my running this last week.  Nothing major just a few extra miles up from the pathetic 10 or so I've been doing. (vs riding the bike A LOT).

Mowing the lawn, then weights immediately after that tonight after work.

Randy

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Fickle damn Texas weather!  Yesterday, a nice 63 degrees.  This morning, 75 degrees, dew-point in the lower 70s, and rain threatening. VERY humid.  I hadn't even gone a mile before I was drenched in sweat.   I did a 3.2 mile route that included 4 hills...and not small hills either.  After I got back to the Y, I laid down under one of the ceiling fans and cooled off....followed by a COLD shower.........ahhhhhhh, felt good!

EGGS-celllent, LRB!  I prefer my eggs scrambled, though...or in omelette form.  Hope your 7 went well!

Welcome back, Basya!   Or I haven't been paying attention and you've been back.  Either way, nice to 'see' you here again.  Enjoy your run-club miles!

Happy recovery, Cy!

So for an SRD, Dave, just what do you do when you're not running?

8, Baboon......was afraid of 7....because 7-8-9... [insert groan here]

Good luck with the 7, Damaris.  Hope your abdomen feels better...and hope it is not a hernia!

Sorry about the sick little one, Freesoul, glad he is feeling better.  Hope you can get some sleep today before you do your miles.

"pathetic 10"....lol, redrum..I don't even know what 10 miles is like anymore....or 9....or 8....or even 7.... I can just barely make 6 theses days.  Stupid arthritis.  Oh well, it is what it is and you do what you can.    Good luck with the mowing and the weights.  Hmmm..mabye if you wore weights while you were mowing, you could get them both done at once....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Morning!  Yesterday's run had all the suck that a run in taper mode is supposed to have.  Today I have 3-4.

Basya, Redrum- Good to see you back!

happylily

I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon and my sister will replace me at work. I'll run some miles when I'm back at the house. I'm paying her until closing time so I might as well use that time to run early.

Have a nice day, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

B-Plus

Hello Basya and Red!

I've got 5 on the docket. Yeah, I said your name.

Docket_Rocket

LOL.

Scotty, I just hope it is not appendicitis or something like that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page