Beginners and Beyond

Sick ass SaturDAILIES (Read 31 times)

LRB

Hi.

Today is day 3 of this stupid cold. My fat nose ran like a damn spigot all night so I expect today to be full of fever and body aches.

Blah.

Anyway, I'm getting myself ready to run for about 45 minutes, after which time I will sit on my ass for the rest of the day and do nothing.

You?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Debating a very short jog on the mill to loosen my legs up.

FWIW, I've been stuffed up for almost 2 weeks now. Never had the fever or body aches. Just non-stop congestion and at times felt like my head was gonna explode from the sinus pressure. I should probably warn my friend when I see her at lunch today that I will be blowing non-stop snot rockets during our half tomorrow.

No more marathons

Maggie says to run 11 with the last three at a faster pace (if able).

So I guess I'm going to run 11.

Waiting until the weather warms a little - supposed to be low 40's by noon - so will head out then.

Sorry about the colds LRB and 2.0

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

Sorry about the colds LRB and 2.0

Be sorry for the slug that gave it to me when I find out who it is. Grr.

It's 15 and 6 here; yeez!

LRB

FWIW, I've been stuffed up for almost 2 weeks now. 

That's just torture.

delicate flower

'Morning.  Great day skiing Keystone yesterday and we're headed there again today.  We took the lift to the top, then paid an extra $10 to take the Snow Kat up another mile where the lifts don't go.  Life is good.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Grumble, grumble...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

My left achilles hurt all day at work yesterday, although I didn't feel anything happen during my run. Still very painful today, just to walk around. Debating on whether to try a run or not. Never had an achilles problem before. I have been more worried recently about the pain on top of my right foot. And I have tried going without my Advair (pricey asthma meds) for the last few days, which doesn't seem to be working out so great for my lungs right now. Oy, I'm falling apart.

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

My sympathies to all those under the weather.

I ran 7.3 miles this morning.  I wanted 10, but the body said 7.3 was all I could have.  The running parts are feeling great, but the head is still being stupid.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Half Crazy K 2.0

20 minute jog on the treadmill.
                      Cyberic

Ran 7.5

LRB

So my 630 shut off during a run today for the third time since I've had it. I went through a similar phase with my 410 & 620, where learning when I couldn't run with the battery at a particular percentage was a process. It appears for this watch, that's around 20%.

The good news is, you can go into the menu and shut off all of the notifications, wifi upload, bluetooth, light, sounds, vibration and continue the run without losing what it recorded. The bad news is, I'm an idiot for not figuring this out one of the other two times it happened.

LRB

Morning.  Grumble, grumble...

Oh boy. I pity the fool...

LRB

My left achilles hurt all day at work yesterday, although I didn't feel anything happen during my run. Still very painful today, just to walk around. Debating on whether to try a run or not. Never had an achilles problem before. I have been more worried recently about the pain on top of my right foot. And I have tried going without my Advair (pricey asthma meds) for the last few days, which doesn't seem to be working out so great for my lungs right now. Oy, I'm falling apart.

I guess it's better to get it all out of the way now instead of once training ramps up. I've dealt with an achilles issue twice, and was able to train through it both times. It was actually during the first bout when I learned to take the first couple of miles really slow until it loosened up, something I still do to this day, but not necessarily for the same reason. YMMV.

LRB

'Morning.  Great day skiing Keystone yesterday and we're headed there again today.  We took the lift to the top, then paid an extra $10 to take the Snow Kat up another mile where the lifts don't go.  Life is good.

Are you gonna race down that thing? I have to imagine your paces are through the roof!