Beginners and Beyond

PICS ADDED TO FIRST POST: A1A Ft. Lauderdale Marathon RR: In Which the Docket Ran Her Coldest Marathon...and it was in South Florida (Read 187 times)

robinde

Great job!

Docket_Rocket

They are trying to find the guys but this is too typical for them to be able to do much.  There were no bodies or cars found which makes it harder for them to do their job.

Awesome splits! It's quite obvious that given better conditions you'll be PRing again! Way to go!

Sorry to hear about your dad, hope he's doing better. Can the police do anything?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

You are too funny.  He did say congratulations in FB, so don't slap him.  Haha.

But what Brad really means, D., is: Congratulations on a great race! Right, Brad? Big grin

EDIT: I love you, man. But sometimes, I just want to slap you. Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, guys.  Much appreciated.  I'm off to a massage which I expect to enjoy a lot. Big grin

LTH is right.  I am not even sore from this marathon, as the effort spent in running one in the cold is totally less than running one in the heat.  I was not sweating, my body felt better, everything worked better than the shit I am used to run into.

And Lurch mentioned my city, Doral.  I remember when he came here.  Silly boy went for a run at 4pm, although he would've felt the same later anyway.  He came sometime during our worse months.  I run at 6pm and it is as bad, but at least the sun has moved 1 degree down by then.  Haha.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

happylily

You are too funny.  He did say congratulations in FB, so don't slap him.  Haha.

No. I'm slapping him anyway. Just because I feel like it. Big grin It really is a sign of affection on my part. :-)

So, D., will you be looking at much cooler races in the future? Now that you see what a difference it can do... Come to Canada!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Robert31320

Team TJ

Nice job, D!

Running for TJ because he can't.

LRB

So, D., will you be looking at much cooler races in the future? Now that you see what a difference it can do... Come to Michigan!

FYP!

Big grin

happylily

Ball of Fury

Congratulations Docket!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Docket_Rocket

Don't fight over me.  I have a couple of cold weather races so we'll see.  Berlin and MCM were cold but not this cold, so I have run several with different results.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

Hey!!! Grrrr...

Shh,  Michigan is the gateway to Canada.  It's a part of a master plan to have us all run the Toronto Marathon.

happylily

Shh,  Michigan is the gateway to Canada.  It's a part of a master plan to have us all run the Toronto Marathon.

Hey, I'm in if you and D. are in! Cool Been thinking about that one...

LRB

Hey, I'm in if you and D. are in! Cool Been thinking about that one...

I have a date with Detroit this year, but I definitely want to run it someday.

happylily

I have a date with Detroit this year, but I definitely want to run it someday.

Okay, I'll wait for you. But remember what you promised me: a 3:30 and you in your leather pants. :-)

LRB

Okay, I'll wait for you. But remember what you promised me: a 3:30 and you in your leather pants. :-)

Wait, you remember that?  lol!