Beginners and Beyond

Lurch is on RWOL (Read 70 times)

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Our forumite Lurch has a profile on the front page of RWOL.  I had the pleasure of meeting Rick at a Disney race, his lovely wife and daughter.  Class act, all 3 of them.

Link if needed

http://www.runnersworld.com/how-running-changed-me/how-running-changed-me-richard-green

Cool! That might even make it worth going to the site. 

Dave

Mmmmm...beer

Awesome, congrats Rick!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

bluerun

Super B****

Very cool! 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Saw it on FB but never thought it was on the front page!  That is awesome.  Congrats, Lurch!

He ran a marathon this weekend; I am sure he is coming up with an RR, so he can tell us all about these two things.  RIGHT?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Nice! Too bad they edited out the line about the B&B on RA being a great group of people.

LRB

Our forumite Lurch has a profile on the front page of RWOL.  I had the pleasure of meeting Rick at a Disney race, his lovely wife and daughter.  Class act, all 3 of them.

Link if needed

http://www.runnersworld.com/how-running-changed-me/how-running-changed-me-richard-green

"My biggest hurdle was the shame I felt from being a fat man running. In the beginning, I only ran on a treadmill because I was too ashamed to run outside. I thought I looked like an oaf or an ogre. As I got to know the regular patrons of the gym, they complimented me on my consistency in training and the changes in my appearance. That’s when I realized that the only person who felt any shame about my appearance was me."

This line will serve as inspiration for years to come.

Congrats Rick. Thanks to the web, "15 minutes of fame" can last a lifetime these days.

happylily

Nice! Too bad they edited out the line about the B&B on RA being a great group of people.

LOL...

That is a very nice story. They chose a worthy subject. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

The only problem here is every time I see this thread, I think it says "Lunch is on RWOL", I get hungry and think RWOL is buying.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

The only problem here is every time I see this thread, I think it says "Lunch is on RWOL", I get hungry and think RWOL is buying.

Me too.

Awesome story.

delicate flower

This is so awesome!  Good for Lurch!  He's got some of the best written RR's on here too.  I look forward to his Santa Rosa Marathon recap.

Well they do have lots of Spam to go around.

<3

Well they do have lots of Spam to go around.

Lololroflrofl

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I have to confess I already read it as lunch.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I have to confess after I read it I went to RWOL looking for lunch.

workinprogress11

Nice article!

Spam, hahahahaha....