Beginners and Beyond

Just Breathe, THURSDAILIES (Read 49 times)

Good morning, everyone.

I just said hello to my neti pot, Mucinex, and Albuterol. I'm off to do a brisk TM walk on an incline.

LRB

Hi B.

I am about to head to the belt myself.

Freezing rain and sleet is falling here now so I better leave a bit earlier than usual....which means I will probably leave later than usual. lol

Cyberic

How are you Dailies?

I actually slept for 8h30 straight and am greatful for that. The night before had been... difficult.

Today I'm supposed to do LT work (Cruise Ints or Tempo) but my boss has scheduled me a meeting right after lunch, and then it's another meeting for the rest of the afternoon. That means I'll have to eat during lunch break, like everyone else, so that will cut on my running time.

I'll see if I can fix that. If not, I'll run Easy for the time I have, and will do the LT work tomorrow.

Little Blue

RD for me.  We're getting some new furniture, and they'll deliver between 9 and 2.  Gee, I had no idea the cable guys deliver furniture.   So unless I run up and down my street so I can see the truck, I should stick near the house.

Have fun on the TM, Rick.

Cyberic99, have fun doing whatever you do.

LittleBlue, enjoy your new furniture.

I did abs and push-ups before hitting the the TM. I did thirty-five minutes at 3.7mph and a 7.0 incline. I cooled down with a few minutes of coughing

happylily

Morning!

Basya, what's up with that coughing? Have you seen a doctor?

Cy, are you in Seattle? How is it?

LRB, drive carefully!

The groin pain is almost entirely gone today. It's amazing how fast the body can heal. I will still wait until this weekend before I try running a few easy miles, as recommended. Thanks for all your good wishes, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Little Blue, you snuck up on me. :-) Delivery guys are the same all over the world. Must be a power trip. I bet they park on a street corner, drink beer, and wait until the last moment before they deliver your furniture.  Good luck!

Lily, I've been attacked by cold after cold and the flu this winter. Whatever last winter was was easy, compared to this.

On the bright side, I have been sewing more. Yesterday, while stuck at my parents' because of the snow, I made a bra-and-bikini set.

happylily

Lily, I've been attacked by cold after cold and the flu this winter. Whatever last winter was was easy, compared to this.

Sorry to hear that, Basya. Did you get a flu shot? Working with kids, you're in a high risk environment. I didn't get it this year and I feel bad about it, because even though I have not had a real flu for quite a while, I could still be a carrier and be spreading it. That's why it's better to get the flu shot. Next year I will. I hope you start feeling better soon. Stay well hydrated and make sure you get enough sleep!

happylily

You made a bra and bikini set? In one day? Wow, you must be talented! I envy you your skills!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Mother Nature can't make up her mind about freakin' Texas weather.   It will be beautiful again today - sunny and 74 degrees by my run time at 4 PM - but then tomorrow we are dropping to a high of only 49, with some chilly rain and brisk winds...and it will stay that way through the weekend too.  Figures, since I have a 5K this weekend on both Saturday and Sunday.   But before that, I will enjoy today's sunshine with a nice run at Fort Sam Houston.

Nice run after work yesterday!  79 degrees, sunny, blue skies, light, refreshing wind.  I did a trail run/walk at my favorite San Antonio park.  I even encountered 2 young ladies on the same trail and we kept each other company for about a mile until a fork in the trail, where their route took them on one trail and my route took me onto the other.   Also saw plenty of deer along the way and, for once, they did not knock me down, lol. Ended up with 3.4 miles done.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Lily, I did get the flu shot. I was hit with a different strain:/

Yes, I made a set. I used an easy pattern: http://shop.clothhabit.com/collections/all/products/watson-bra-bikini

scottydawg, enjoy the beautiful weather for me, too, while you're out there.

Just over eight weeks until I'm on vacation from all this ****ing snow.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Welcome back, Lily!  Hope you are doing well post-surgery!

Hope you feel better, Basya!  Um...what's "neti pot"...some type of medical marijuana? 

Stay safe, LRB!  No slip-slidin' away in that crazy weather of yours!

Glad you had a better night, Cy.  Yeah, those bad nights really suck, I've had a few of those at times.

Enjoy the new furniture, Blue!  How long will it take you to blow it all up and get the air in it all? 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

On the bright side, I have been sewing more. Yesterday, while stuck at my parents' because of the snow, I made a bra-and-bikini set.

And now it's time to model it for us.....

happylily

Lily, I did get the flu shot. I was hit with a different strain:/

Yes, I made a set. I used an easy pattern: http://shop.clothhabit.com/collections/all/products/watson-bra-bikini

Very nice! I hope you chose fabric that is a little less see through, though.  Bummer about getting the flu anyway. Damn bugs...