Beginners and Beyond

Hot ThursDailies (Read 43 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

A week ago, I was complaining about wearing gloves for my morning runs in 40-degree weather.  Today it was 65 at 5:00.  Skipped right past spring, it seems.  5 miles easy.  Still feeling a bit fatigued from Sunday's half, but that's fine.  Just enjoying the easy runs.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

Thanks for starting us off Fred 

Yes is it going to be a hot one...so much for a nice spring.

Allergy season is kicking my ass. Waiting for the meds to start working then I'll be ok. Tired today. 7mi 9:03 avg.

LRB- I will have go back and read some Daniels again...You know I'm really not sure where Oldfartrunner got the idea of doing them with short recoveries...maybe just his own experience.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 12 warm miles.  It was 66F at 3:30AM, and was my first gloveless run of the year.  About halfway in, I wish I had left my shirt at home as well.   It was still a great run - 12 miles, 1700 ft elevation gain, only one car on the road, and 9 lbs of sweat left my body.

Fred, we skipped Spring here in mid-TN, too.  It was 35F w/ frost Saturday morning, but we've hit 80+ every day this week.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

GC100k

Gorgeous day here yesterday. I'm still too sore from Sunday's 50k to run, but I did an upper-body weight workout and then went home a little early to work in the yard. Looking gorgeous today too. Hope to slip out today for my kids' track meet and then some more yard work.

LRB

I woke up this morning and bought a copy of Advance Marathoning. Ruh-roh. 

#latetotheparty

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 and OTF tonight.  Working from home so I slept until almost 8am.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

#latetotheparty

You are going to sign up for Lakefront!

#latetotheparty

Lots of great info in that one. That’s another book I will have to re read.

Pleasant- 3:30? Lol I thought I was early at 4:45

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

#latetotheparty

I don't have that one.  I've read Daniels and Hansons (and suspect I'll be getting Pfitzinger as a birthday gift very soon).  I used Daniels for HM training this spring and am leaning towards Hansons for marathon training starting in July.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

Docket_Rocket

Lots of great info in that one. That’s another book I will have to re read.

Pleasant- 3:30? Lol I thought I was early at 4:45

Me too. I re read it every so often.  Always something "new" to be learned from it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good day to all! Group run 6.2 miles done last night. I'll think I'll just run 4 tonight as the last of my taper, and then the racing commences tomorrow night.

Onemile...That's awesome about the pacing. I've been pacing for a number of years now and am always so disappointed whenever there's a race I can't do. I think you'll love it.

Baboon...I love your response to the bombed run. Once you're training so frequently, you're just gonna have some of those, which you clearly know. There's nothing wrong with having a laugh about it and moving on to the next one.

Fred...I'm all in when it comes to being able to lose the gloves! Hope the recovery continues to move along.

Jay..Sorry about the allergy trouble. I was all sneezy last night myself. Sounds like you ran the pace your body needed.

Pleasant...That sounds like a great run! Love that kind of gain. I have to seek it out to get quite as much as you did, but it's there if I look for it.

GC..Hope the track meet goes well and you get to watch it. Nice job on the weekend 50k.

LRB...Good purchase. I like that you're a student of this stuff. That's part of the appeal to me as a runner as well.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Docket...That was quite the elevation chart yesterday. I think we have cracks in our sidewalk here that give more gain!

While marathon books are being discussed, I have to throw out Run Faster from the 5k to the Marathon by Hudson as the book that did the absolute most for me. To a large extent, I credit those innocuous little 10 second hill sprints as really being game changing in my experience..

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

You are going to sign up for Lakefront!

Hilarious!

Sheeit, as a spectator. lol

onemile

Hilarious!

Sheeit, as a spectator. lol

They are still looking for a 3:45 co-pacer!!

LRB

They are still looking for a 3:45 co-pacer!!

Oh boy here we go. Team B&B in da building!