Beginners and Beyond

SUNDAILIES (Read 47 times)

Good Sunday morning, everyone.

The last time I worked out was this past Thursday. I probably won't be doing much more than gentle walks until this Thursday, when I return to work. My father died yesterday morning. The wake will be on Tuesday. The funeral will be on Wednesday.

Robert31320

Team TJ

So sorry for your loss, Basya.

Running for TJ because he can't.

happylily

Oh Basya, I am so sorry.  I remember stories you told us about your father, how he taught you to be a strong and independent woman. He was a good father, I'm sure. What a great loss for you. It may sound like the usual thing to say, but in your case, I know it's true: he lives in you, sweetie. (((Basya)))

This morning, the sky is gently crying (and now I know why), but it is warm and smells like summer. I have a LR to do, I'm hoping for 17, we'll see what the legs and mind both have to say about it. Later is a series of events related to Mother's Day. For some reason, it feels like a chore. I'd rather sit somewhere quietly and read a book. Who ever thought of inventing that day? It's stupid... Anyway, let's try to make the best of it. Enjoy your Sunday, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Cyberic

Later is a series of events related to Mother's Day. For some reason, it feels like a chore. I'd rather sit somewhere quietly and read a book. Who ever thought of inventing that day? It's stupid... Anyway, let's try to make the best of it. Enjoy your Sunday, everyone!

Stores. Easter is long gone so they needed something to make us feel guilty not to be spending money. What better than a mommy to make us feel guilty about something?

LR today.

LRB

All holidays are stupid and nothing more than a reason to spend money.

I like Thanksgiving though because the family gets together. My birthday comes in at a close second, it's the only day of the year where I really do anything for myself.

Cherish the memories B.

Little Blue

I'm so sorry, Basya.

URD.  It's raining now, courtesy of Tropical Storm Ana.  Then Mother's Day festivities.

Cyberic

All holidays are stupid and nothing more than a reason to spend money.

Agreed, except I have a job where every holiday is a vacation day, so I love them.

LRB

Agreed, except I have a job where every holiday is a vacation day, so I love them.

Well there is that. lol

Sorry, Basya.

Lots to do around the house, so I decided to pass on today's race.  Mom will get a hanging flower basket later.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Sorry for your loss Basya.

Docket_Rocket

Sorry for your loss, Basya.  Hugs.

I have my LR on the TM because it's too hot.  Bah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Waking up this morning in a bunk bed in a retreat center dorm. The mattress is decent, though. We have another half day or so of Costa Rica orientation up here. Then maybe I will run a bit.

Basya, I am so sorry for your loss.

cjones1

So sorry for your loss Basya.

No running today. My wife deserves that. Smile. Ran 10 yesterday, anyway.  All easy miles this week.  I'll try to re introduce some faster stuff next week now that I'm feeling normal again.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

happylily

17 miles done. They were painful...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Half Crazy K 2.0

Basya, sorry for your loss.