Beginners and Beyond

Thursday: Run, Work, Eat, Freeze - Repeat (Read 34 times)

LRB

And not necessarily in that order.

LRB

Docket_Rocket

I have a trial to listen to while working from home, 5-6 miles at some point at the gym, and then a show tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Run commute.

I might go to the track at lunch for a light workout. Idea would be to get the feet moving, without getting too tired. I'm not really sick anymore, but my throat and lungs are still not 100%.

LRB

It was -14 (-29 wind chill) this morning and the sound my car made was wtf (and not wed, thurs, fri) lol. I made it in but several people did not. Minus teens is not something we're used to around these parts so it's been interesting!

onemile

It was -14 (-29 wind chill) this morning and the sound my car made was wtf (and not wed, thurs, fri) lol. I made it in but several people did not. Minus teens is not something we're used to around these parts so it's been interesting!

-26 here, feels like -44. My internet at my house is down so I guess I have to go into work. They said we can come in 2 hours late though so I'm taking my time

Cyberic

I guess I'm lucky here with a lukewarm 1F (WC -22F, but I had a tail wind on my morning commute. I will  feel it on my commute back at 4).

LRB

-26 here, feels like -44. My internet at my house is down so I guess I have to go into work. They said we can come in 2 hours late though so I'm taking my time

Is it down because of the cold? There was a fire yesterday at our gas utility and they sent out an emergency text last night at 10:32 asking people to turn their heat down to 65. Scared the living shit out of me!

LRB

I guess I'm lucky here with a lukewarm 1F (WC -22F, but I had a tail wind on my morning commute. I will  feel it on my commute back at 4).

Our high today will be in the single digits today and we expect to celebrate lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yesterday morning was the worst for me, I felt like total crap. Woke up this morning, not quite as awful but still not close to even 70% good. Another rest day, hoping I wake up tomorrow with enough energy to take the dogs on the trails. BLAH

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

'Morning.  Work is grinding my gears.  Aggravation every day.  But enough about that.  I ran a 60 minute treadmill tempo workout before work, which included 7 x 5:00 hard/1:00 easy.  I averaged my 5K pace on the intervals, and ran 8.9 miles at a 6:51 avg.  Solid workout.  I figured last night's bike test would affect me more than it did, but I felt good.  I'm going to miss my second swim this week, which I am not thrilled about.  I'll hit the bike again tonight for an easy spin.

I had to check your log to see if this was done outside or on the treadmill.  This is the kind of information that should be included in your post, rather than make me go way out of my way to figure this out.  You're better than this.

<3

5 miles. I don’t need to report to Baboon that this was outside, because it always is.

244 for the month.

Dave

onemile

Is it down because of the cold? There was a fire yesterday at our gas utility and they sent out an emergency text last night at 10:32 asking people to turn their heat down to 65. Scared the living shit out of me!

not sure. I have been joking the internet pipes burst. It seems like there is a widespread outage with multiple providers

delicate flower

I got an e-mail from USA Triathlon with an offer of 12 free gels from one of their sponsors.  Oh boy!  Then it says in small print "$7.99 postage and handling."  LMAO $8 to mail gels.  Thanks.

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I did a hard 2:15 on the trainer.  It was just down to 18  this morning, but I saved my last run of the week for tomorrow, when it should be in the low 30s.  Sunday is looking like a possible morning to ride outside, which means on my new bike.  I'm all for it, being as I've had it 6 weeks, and have only ridden it outside 4 times.

Stay warm, and have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.