Beginners and Beyond

AlternateWednesDailies (Read 25 times)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Track workout at alternate track (public high school 1.75 miles away) since a local workout group invaded my usual track (private school 1 mile away). Or could be that I moved my track day to Wednesday and they are normally there on Wednesdays...

Anyway, ran 9.4 with 6x800 (400 recoveries) and 2x400 (200 recoveries). Felt ok and much better than my track day last week. 50-ish and no wind or humidity.

Who else is done?

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Track workout at alternate track (public high school 1.75 miles away) since a local workout group invaded my usual track (private school 1 mile away). Or could be that I moved my track day to Wednesday and they are normally there on Wednesdays...

Anyway, ran 9.4 with 6x800 (400 recoveries) and 2x400 (200 recoveries). Felt ok and much better than my track day last week. 50-ish and no wind or humidity.

Who else is done?

I was done when I woke up.  SRD.

Nice workout.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

Off, had annual physical,  I like my doc (sports med doc)… he also took a tumble running recently and hands and right knee scrapped up😛

delicate flower

Hola, nachoritos!  My run this morning was very similar to wolvmar's.  Track:  9 x 800 with 400 recoveries.  Tempo effort on the 800's (6:40ish pace).  7.2 miles total at 7:01 avg pace.  I was tempted to charge around the track one more time at a hard effort just because I like to see a sub-7 average in my log, but I left well enough alone.

So, 10 days until my marathon which means race day weather is showing up on the forecast.  Currently PR conditions:  53 degrees with 49 dew point.  While obviously that can change, I like that the temps are not trending warmer.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Hola, nachoritos!  My run this morning was very similar to wolvmar's.  Track:  9 x 800 with 400 recoveries.  Tempo effort on the 800's (6:40ish pace).  7.2 miles total at 7:01 avg pace.  I was tempted to charge around the track one more time at a hard effort just because I like to see a sub-7 average in my log, but I left well enough alone.

So, 10 days until my marathon which means race day weather is showing up on the forecast.  Currently PR conditions:  53 degrees with 49 dew point.  While obviously that can change, I like that the temps are not trending warmer.

Nice workout and nice forecast.  The hourly forecast for my half on Sunday keeps flip-flopping on whether it will be humid or not.  At least it seems pretty certain to be cloudy, which will keep the sun from heating things up too quickly (8:30 start time is a little late for my taste this early in the fall).

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

Docket_Rocket

I will not be done until after work when I get to run 5 with 4 X 400m. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

Just 3 miles and nothing fast. Flu shot yesterday but feel fine today. Arm is just a little sore.

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles with some strides. For the last week , Garmin has basicailly said I really suck. Training status is unproductive, vo2 max keeps dropping, etc.

Who else is done?

Very. 10 miles with 16x400m w/100m recoveries + 2x200m w/200m recoveries. Reps were not super-fast, around LT/HMP. But it was a grind. Coach McMillan says “The goal is to fatigue yourself with the duration of this workout not the speed.” Mission accomplished. He also said to try to get faster with each repeat, and I did OK on that too.

Dave

KCRuns

3.5 miles.  It was nice outside this morning, around 61 and a slight breeze.

delicate flower

Wife wants to do a destination race and has decided we are doing Ironman 70.3 Oregon next July.  We still have to register, but she has 100% made up her mind, so it's a done deal.  I am excited about it.  Possible tune for me for an Ironman Chattanooga redo. 

<3

Wife wants to do a destination race and has decided we are doing Ironman 70.3 Oregon next July.  We still have to register, but she has 100% made up her mind, so it's a done deal.  I am excited about it.  Possible tune for me for an Ironman Chattanooga redo. 

Awesome! Where in Oregon is it?

Dave

delicate flower

Awesome! Where in Oregon is it?

Salem, wherever the hell in the state that is.

<3

RunningOnSand

Hey there. 5 miles this morning. I was initially planning on 6 miles, but for some reason I couldn't force myself to get out the door 10 minutes earlier to get the extra mile in.  Another gorgeous morning. I wish it were this running weather every single morning of the year. 50'ish and clear, low humidity, perfection.

RunningOnSand

Oh yeah!!!!