Beginners and Beyond

Superhero Saturdailies (Read 31 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

It's supposed to be cooler today, unfortunately, it is not as nice as I was expecting. I decided to do the Dominator Challenge, so I've got a 5 and 10k this morning. At least parts are on a rail trail, so it should be shady.

What's your day looking like?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

I've got a 5 and 10k this morning.

Good luck!  You are tougher than the average bear.

I ran 10 in the dark.  It was 73 damn degrees when I went out the door.  Fall is a lie. Summer is here to stay.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

Fall is a lie. Summer is here to stay.

lmao

LRB

So much stuff going on today. And with watching football both days this weekend being mandatory, I am not sure where I'll fit Denzel's new flick, The Magnificent Seven in there.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Fall is a lie. Summer is here to stay.

What does the groundhog have to say?

That's looks like a shadow. It must mean 6 more weeks of summer. Bleah!

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

The 10 day forecast looks wonderful for morning running here (lots of 50s with highs in the low 70s), and the extended forecast looks even better. Too bad we're losing daylight at a record pace, it seems.

LRB

What does the groundhog have to say?

That's looks like a shadow. It must mean 6 more weeks of summer. Bleah!

It would be hard to complain about that....unless, you live in the state that's shaped like an upside down thumb.

onemile

It's supposed to be cooler today, unfortunately, it is not as nice as I was expecting. I decided to do the Dominator Challenge, so I've got a 5 and 10k this morning. At least parts are on a rail trail, so it should be shady.

Couldn't resist that extra medal, huh?  

Half Crazy K 2.0

Couldn't resist that extra medal, huh?  

Thought it would be a good way to get race miles for the mileage game. My team has a bye this week

I think it's cooler now than 8am.

From the Internet.

Starting taper madness a day early. Still have tomorrow's long run to get through but I'm like, freaking out over here already. AHHHH I can't believe it's 3 weeks from tomorrow!!!! D: D: D: D:

Ran 6 this morning, heart rate was high due to Sudafed/not enough sleep but it felt good. Last massage before the race yesterday afternoon and my calves are feeling decent again.

LRB

I ran 7. I originally was going to do quality today, but I had a lot of crap on my mind and have a lot to do today, so I ran easy instead. I am wiring a garage for a friend this morning, and hope all the standing and what not doesn't affect my legs for tomorrow's run, which is why I was doing it today in the first place.
                        Docket_Rocket

Not even going to check the weather as it is still fuck and shit weather.  I have Barre class and 8 miles.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Hey guys.  I went to a party last night, and we ran up this:

Doesn't look too bad until you look at the scale on the left.  I think I'm counting that as my LR, since I had the time on my feet, and my MP run, since I had the sustained time at MP HR, plus some.  It was fun- there's a group that runs up there somewhat frequently, but it was my first time.  Also, running down in the dark with a bit of rain was sort of scary!

Hey guys.  I went to a party last night, and we ran up this:

Doesn't look too bad until you look at the scale on the left.  I think I'm counting that as my LR, since I had the time on my feet, and my MP run, since I had the sustained time at MP HR, plus some.  It was fun- there's a group that runs up there somewhat frequently, but it was my first time.

Worst. Party. Ever.

Dave