Beginners and Beyond

What do you do with your bibs? (Read 386 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Write the name, date, time, placement, etc. on the back... I keep them in a homemade "bibfolio" -- just a plain binder with plastic sheet protectors into which I slip the bibs.  (I hate it when they use those thick foam B-tags.  Takes up too much space!)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

From the Internet.

Beth, I love your scrapbook pages! Big grin

I only have 2 so far. I'll do something with them eventually, for now they're just sitting in my closet.

Purple Toes

Beth, I love your scrapbook! I scrapbook my bibs too, but not nearly as professional as you do though!  Sadly, I've fallen a bit behind :-( I try to include name, date, location of race and any other small race momentos that fit.  My husband also tries to get a photo of me coming out of porto-john at every race. He is easily amused.

Just B.S.

Beth, I love your scrapbook! I scrapbook my bibs too, but not nearly as professional as you do though!  Sadly, I've fallen a bit behind :-( I try to include name, date, location of race and any other small race momentos that fit.  My husband also tries to get a photo of me coming out of porto-john at every race. He is easily amused.

Purple Toes

Thanks Beth!  He's not a morning person, so he's quite a trooper for coming along to most of my races (only misses them if working) and often has to stand in the freezing cold.  I really like your city sign idea! I haven't raced any destination races far from home yet, unless I count Whistlestop, but I may borrow your idea if I ever do. I'm impressed that you find time every month to work on your books. I'm down to about 2 or  3 times a year and only after my friend and I guilt eachother into making a date to work on our books together!

kettledrum

My SO had written on the back of it, before the race, the contact info in case of an accident (always remember to do that, people!) 

I never thought of that.  Yes, I'm new.    Thanks for the tip!

Just B.S.

I never thought of that.  Yes, I'm new.    Thanks for the tip!

Always do that! and when travelling I always include the name of the hotel in case for some reason

they could not contact either DH or I (we always both run whatever race we are doing and plan to meet

up at the end but you never know)

Jess runs for bacon

I have a generic photo album that I put them in with a notecard with the name, date, and info on the race (including time). I've thrown some pictures in there as well. I like to look at it Smile

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

On the back I write my official time, and the name and date of the race (if the front doesn't say that already). Right now I only have 3 so they're on my fridge. In a few months I am going to need to figure something else out.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kitteh

I don't have many yet, but my mom is going to make me one of these

Running for two!

Pre-Preggo PRs--5k 23:00, 10k 49:07, HM 1:57:40

Post-Preggo PRs--5k TBD, 10k 54:45, HM 2:28:05

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Love it!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Don't call me Buttercup!

Very cool.   

A friend made me a bib holder - it says "Di's Races" and the background image is black top w double yellow lines down the middle...  I write my finish time on the back of each one.  One day, I will buy a medal holder from Dian, but so far, no medals, only bibs! =)

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

dallison

registered pw

I have them on a big welders pin. it looks like a pin that we use for our bibs, just bigger.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

Anomalous

I write my race statistics on the front of them and place them in plastic report sleeves in a binder. Chronological order of course. 

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Except for my three Boston Marathon bibs, they've all gone in the trash. Those three are stuffed in a box in storage. My favorite is "X1", yes that is the letter X followed by the numeral 1, from my first Boston.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.