Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins Look Mahvelous (Read 24 times)

hog4life

Still no run, try again tonight Sad

Zelanie

obie- Good luck tomorrow!  Trust your training, you have prepared yourself well.

SheCan- temps don't look so bad, but watch out for lightning!  One of the reasons I've worked really hard to stay focused is that I know there are some days that I will have to miss due to long bus rides to the south.  So I have no excuse when I'm just sort of hanging out in town.

Mitch- Get out there and run!  I don't care if it's just 10 minutes, run something and you will feel better.

From the Internet.

Hi pens!

Thursday is track day - my favorite day! Big grin 6x800 in ah, less than ideal conditions (DP 74F). Still faster than I've run them in the past - my last rep was 3:55, the previous two were 4:00 and 4:01. 5.85 miles total. Feeling awesome, and kinda tired - on track to hit ~25 miles this week, it will be my second week in a row 25+ if I get the miles I want in over the next few days, but I may need a day off so we'll see.

Due to evolving circumstances, we may be moving sooner than we had planned! We've put in an offer on a house - the agent/owners were fine with waiting until September to close if the offer looks good to them and if we put down a deposit, [edited to remove information that I apparently wasn't supposed to share!] but we may be able to close by the end of the month if all goes well. It's on a very small lot, right up against Audubon Society land with 25 miles of trails (<.25 miles from the front door to the nearest trail entrance). Looks like I will definitely become a trail runner if the deal goes through, haha Smile

Singer who runs a smidge

Ok, I have cleaned off my desk, returned two "no results" reports to investigators, run 1 sample, run 1 blank, written a letter of recommendation, and apparently broken my printer.  Can I go home yet?

The countdown is at 1 hour and 37 minutes!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Clearly y'all are already vacating.  35 minutes to go!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good luck with the 5K's Scott and Brilliant.

You will have a fantastic HM debut, Obie.

Hope you can get out, Mitch.

4 for us.  Perfect day, 72f, 51dp.  kept it slow as knees are still achy, so I'm icing right away.  We will try for 11 sometime this weekend.  BTW, I skipped lunch despite constant invites from my co-workers.  It's like a crime to turn down free food.

Cherie, we might be going to spring training with DD/SIL since his brother is a trainer for the Cubbies.  Hope we can find a HM.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Clearly y'all are already vacating.  35 minutes to go!!

Go home HsM  !!!    

Singer who runs a smidge

Can't.  I overpressurized my auxiliary sample manager and I have to wait for this run to finish so I can reset it!

Amazonian Princess

Hey, HsM, I'm in Cali so I've got almost another 4 hours of work

But, then I have a session with my new personal trainer (my last one was picked up by a power-lifting sponsor at her first event, and she was only there to cheer on a friend!) then an hour on the treadmill with whatever is left in the tank

Sorry I haven't posted lately - there were layoffs at work (no one in my department) and to boost productivity my manager got me a second monitor (damn my multi-tasking superpowers!) and agreed to hire the temp I brought in. Still sick off and on with friggin' allergies, but just trying to keep moving. Had more miles in June than I have in a while and I think I'm going to follow the Coach Jenny (Hadfield) plan for walk/run the half I signed up for on November 2nd. It starts off very easy and finishes with 5 minute run/1 minute walk, so I think I can do it.

And Obie, you are so ready for your half tomorrow! You are gonna do great!!!

I can. I will. I am. 

SheCan

right up against Audubon Society land with 25 miles of trails (<.25 miles from the front door to the nearest trail entrance). Looks like I will definitely become a trail runner if the deal goes through, haha Smile

Wooohoooo!!!!!  You'll HAVE  to be a trail runner.  So you better get this house now!  :-P  Good luck!

Mitch-- Sad  Sorry you didn't get your run in.

Zelanie-- yeah, lightening is the only bad thing about the monsoons.  I sure hope I haven't become too spoiled with the treadmills.  Are you currently training for a marathon?

HsM-- I sure hope you're reading this from home.  Enjoy your day off!

"Cherie, we might be going to spring training with DD/SIL since his brother is a trainer for the Cubbies.  Hope we can find a HM."

Ohhhhh, how exciting and fun!!!!!!   I hope y'all do get to do that.  And as there's lots of HMs in Phx area, it shouldn't be a problem.  Just keep me in the loop.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Singer who runs a smidge

Still at work.  Counting down minutes!  I'm just not sure how many minutes are left ... 

Singer who runs a smidge

Oh hey, my run just finished!  Time to reset the ASM, turn off the prime seal wash, make sure the back door is closed, walk through my lab, change my shoes, and head for home!!  (Yeah, I have an extensive "before leaving" routine ...)

Brilliant

Lauren, good luck with the house purchase!

Obie, I'm so excited for you!  Good luck tomorrow!

Jack, where are you running?  I'm running Anaheim Hills.  I expect my time to be about 9 minutes slower than yours. Wink

Scotty, yes, I'll post pics.  It's kinda hard to get legs in a selfie so not sure I can promise that.

HopesMom, sorry your day seemed to drag!

Baconista, I like the user name!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Brilliant: I am running in Claremont. It's very close to home so it worked. Let me know next time and we can meet up. Anaheim is not far. Smile

hog4life

4 miles done. Good luck brilliant and Obie and Scott and any others racing. I'll be working tomorrow.