Beginners and Beyond

A marathon on every continent (Read 91 times)

RSX

You're thinking of the original colonies. But only some of those makeup what we call the Northeast region. And only some of those states make up New England.

But we're all Massholes.

Has the Cape split off yet?  We used to hear rumblings to that effect years ago

Dr. Cornsitter

Has the Cape split off yet?  We used to hear rumblings to that effect years ago

Oh, it's going to happen one of these days. Just cut the three bridges attaching this beautiful peninsula and let us float freely, damnit!

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

In any case, allowing your kid to do this is probably better parenting than letting them take a sailboat around the world solo, which a few 15-16 year olds have done in the recent years.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Very true! I mean seriously, the chance of being drowned by a storm or lost at sea for weeks or months is much greater than whatever damage she could get from running marathons.

In any case, allowing your kid to do this is probably better parenting than letting them take a sailboat around the world solo, which a few 15-16 year olds have done in the recent years.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)