Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES Presents: Headlines - 1st Edition (Read 64 times)

Just B.S., have fun swimming and running.

Kay, you will have amazing three miles.

Tom, have a relaxing and refreshing SRD.

flarunner, I'm glad that you had a nice ten-miler.

Lily, have a great thirteen-mile run tonight.

ImNotScott, have fun, whatever you do.

Scott, enjoy your tempo run.

kristin10185, don't underestimate those relaxing moment. IMO, they keep one sane.

BruceD, I agree. Runs seem longer on the TM. I'm glad your thirteen are out of the way already.

Heidi, I'm sure that you'll have a great run tonight.

Fuzzy, enjoy your recovery run.

Shari, have a wonderful outdoor seven-miler.

Push-ups and 8.05 miles in 71:05 at 6.8mph (8:49) on the TM at the gym.

Jess runs for bacon

LRB, I recognized that font on Homicide victims. That's actually one of our two local papers, the Express Times. Go figure.

Group run with the LRS tonight. Yay!

delicate flower

Quinoa habaneros, mustafos!  Day 1 of recovery begins!  HOORAY!  Didn't really sleep well last night but I've got all day to catch up on that.  I'm in a fair bit of pain today too.  I guess that is to be expected!  Poor DW...waiting on me hand and foot.

I got coffee next to me, my leg up, my laptop, and a whole lot of movies to watch.  Have a great Wednesday!

<3

Robert31320

Team TJ

Another 5.1 miles bit the dust this morning.

Running for TJ because he can't.

@runjerseygirl

Bruce, hopefully they still have the magic today. Smile

Heidi, I'll be running at my goal HM pace.  I'm shooting for 10:00, but to be conservative, I'm giving myself a 10:00-10:15 window.  We'll see how it goes.

Do you even run?

Mostly harmless

Quinoa habaneros, mustafos!  Day 1 of recovery begins!  HOORAY!  Didn't really sleep well last night but I've got all day to catch up on that.  I'm in a fair bit of pain today too.  I guess that is to be expected!  Poor DW...waiting on me hand and foot.

I got coffee next to me, my leg up, my laptop, and a whole lot of movies to watch.  Have a great Wednesday!

A great time to watch all of the Lord of the Rings movies, or all three Godfather movies or all of the Harry Potter movies or......

Sorry I got carried away. I hope your pain eases up.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

LRB, good headlines. I've seen one that says something like "12 remain dead in mass shooting."

Basya, fantastic run!

Beth, enjoy your swim and run.

Kay, good luck! You can do it. Cool

Tom, enjoy the rest day.

flarunner, nice run! I have days like that too. Sometimes it feels like I'll NEVER get into it. Then suddenly I do.

Lily, enjoy your run later!

NotScott, LOL. You're so CRAZY unpredictable! Enjoy your run or not-run. Smile

Sparker, enjoy the tempo!

Kristin, nice job getting up and at 'em. I enjoy running in the morning - more often after I'm done than while I'm actually doing it. Good luck at the ortho tomorrow. Hope they have good news for you.

Bruce, 14 on the 'mill definitely counts as 20 on the road. Smile Great job.

Heidi, enjoy your run!

Fuzzy, enjoy the recovery.

Shari, enjoy your 7 later. Hopefully the roads aren't bad for you.

Jess, see you tonight! Big grin

Phil, I've been in your wife's position before (my husband has had a couple surgeries - including a lateral release on his knee a couple years ago). It's not so bad. I'd rather wait hand and foot than actually be the one having surgery. Enjoy the movies and I hope the drugs keep you pain-free.

Robert, great job!

As for me, I'm having a LRS Group Run Sandwich tonight. I'm going to run there and home (2.4 miles each way) and the group run will be in the middle. Should be 8-9 miles total depending on how far the group goes.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice run yesterday, did hill work at Fort Sam Houston on my LARGE hills route and kicked hill-butt!  This route is just about ALL hills with only a few flat spots along the way.  3.8 miles done, averaging 10:28 per mile.  I did hills the day after I did my weight training circuit, probably not smart, lol, my legs are a bit sore today, so today is a rest day.  Short week for me this week. Work today, then half-day tomorrow, then I have my spinal injections tomorrow afternoon and then am off on Friday, as I have to "rest" after my injections, no prolonged sitting, standing, etc., for 24 hours.

Gail is really having fun with her birthday present Y membership, lol.  She came back last night from the Y''s kickboxing class and was 'complaining' she had used muscles she never even knew she had and was a bit sore, but I could tell she was also excited and happy about all these opportunities for her.  Tonite she is going to something called "Body Flow" class.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jess runs for bacon

A great time to watch all of the Lord of the Rings movies, or all three Godfather movies or all of the Harry Potter movies or......

Sorry I got carried away. I hope your pain eases up.

I am totally hooked on Sherlock. Phil, if you have Netflix, check it out. Hope you feel better soon!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 9 with strides tonight.

As I was coming into work and on the cross walk, I was almost killed by the express bus.  Seriously, I am glad to be a runner, because I had to sprint 3 meters to life.  I was very close (3ft) from dying.  My HR didn't even skip a beat, though.

Love those headlines.  My fear is that I would be quoted in the papers for work (which is a no no).  I've already experienced being quoted once while I was joking with a friend about a PR political issue.  I sounded like a moron which was the purpose of the reporter.  I've learned since then (20 years ago).  Oh, to be young and stupid.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

You sound like your usual self, which is good.  LOTR, I approve.  Transformers 1 through 3 if you can include them should give you plenty of entertainment too.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

LRB, you crack me up!  You're turning into the Jay Leno Headlines Show now?

Good luck with your miles and workout, Basya!

Wow, Just B.S. that is pretty impressive that you can swim 1,000 yards AND 7 miles!  Joking

Good luck with the 3 miles, Kay!   And here's a cup....altho why you would need it....

Happy rest day, Tom!  Hope it helps the calves.  I'd suggest a flat route first after the rest day, give the calves a bit more of a break instead of attacking hills right off.

Congrats on your 10, flarunner.  BTW, my temp for my hill run yesterday was 78 degrees!

Bon chance avec la colline, Lily!  How cold is it in Canada right now?

Good luck, INS, with whatever workout you decide upon!

Happy tempo run, Sparker!

Hope your ortho appointment goes well, Kristin, and you get happy news.

13 on the TM, that is a LOT of patience, Bruce!  How's the DC weather?  Some nice running in DC around the mall area, Rock Creek Park, etc., too bad you can't get outside to run.

Happy running, RM23B!  Dang, all these miles, you're turning into Wonder Woman!

Good luck with the 7 miles, Step!  Stay warm out there!  Curious...did you write for newspapers, magazines?  My mom worked for the Washington Post when I was growing up.

Enjoy the group run, lilac!

Glad everything went well for you, Phil!  Now heal fast! Wait...where's the post-surgery anesthesia story from your DW? Joking

Congrats on kicking 5.1 mile butt, Robert!

Enjoy the Group Run Sandwich, April!  But...is it REALLY a footlong?  Wink

Well, Damaris, at least it was an Express bus, be sad and ironic if a runner of your caliber was whacked by the slow bus... Wink   Seriously, glad you are okay!

Congrats on getting your miles in, Jedi, way to beat that not-wanting-to-get-up feeling.   Yeah, I can relate do the Diana headline too, Gail and I met her once,  for all of about a minute, when we lived in England in the 1980s.  We and a bunch of other Americans from our bases (RAF Mildenhall and RAF Lakenheath) were helping out at an event at one of her charities she supported and she stopped by to thank everyone and shook hands with all the volunteers.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning B&B! I was tired this mornign and really did not feel like getting up, but knocked out 5.7 miles anyway. i was shooting for 7, but at least got bulk of the miles in. Miles were flowing too so glad I got my run in afterall.

That Diana headline pretty special to me as that was day I proposed to my wife.

Good running all.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Ball of Fury

Happy Wednesday Dailies!  Hope everyone has a great day!  SRD for me, but will probably do P90X Shoulders and Arms this afternoon...chose to sleep in this morning instead of hanging with Tony Horton (by sleeping in...I mean 5:30-6:00 AM).

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

@runjerseygirl

Scotty!  That was too funny! Big grin

Do you even run?