Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES Presents: Headlines - 1st Edition (Read 64 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

sorry about the PF Luke, and muscle tightness FreeSoul.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

@runjerseygirl

3 awesome miles, at an even more awesome feeling 9:49 average pace.  Super comfortable, rhythmic, easy.  I feel amazing!  Big grin

Do you even run?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yay Kay!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

LRB - I try to eat clean regularly, and I am normally successful though sometimes I'll binge on dark chocolate and certain cookies. For almost a year I've been going to Subway for a 6 inch oven roasted chicken breast on wheat, (sometimes bacon), shredded cheese, spinach, pickles and light mayo and a chocolate chip cookie but for the last 2 weeks I've been eating salads for lunch, afternoon snack and sometimes dinner, Green or red lettuce, dried cranberries, pecan, walnut or almond pieces and sometimes crutons with a little bit of light ranch. At night I'll try to throw in some shredded chicken for protein. My breakfast can consist of a cup of bisquick's pancake mix with whole grain and one cup of Gaspari's Myofusion protein powder (chocolate) or two eggs and a multi-grain english muffin.

It's frustrating, I try to go by how my clothes fit but I want so badly just to get under 140 again. Sad I guess it mainly stems from me being determined to prove that it wouldn't take a year to get back the body I had, I mean I succeeded, now I wear a jean size 3/4 when I was wearing a size 7/8-9 when I got pregnant. I guess I just saw the scale saying 140 and was so excited that I was close to breaking below it.... and then poof.

I do hope the tightness goes away, I am going to take it real easy on tonight's run instead of making it a tempo run. I want to make sure I am fresh and ready for Saturday's race.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

You have to be careful with weight because as you get healthier, your body changes.  So you could actually weigh a few pounds more than you once did, but have less fat and more muscle.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I'll probably go to Internet Jail for posting these, but the race pics were posted and I like ALL OF THEM. Here are my 3 favorites... I think someone forgot to tell me it was a race, I look like I'm having too much fun.

Back down the hill that was terrible going up:

Waving to the cameraman in the last half mile:

Looking up at the clock!

Gee, April, in that 2nd one, it looks like you left everyone else way behind you in your dust...er....snow tracks!  Way to go!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

That is true.  I actually weight 10lbs more than 5 years ago yet I am wearing the same suits and clothes as then.  I also look skinnier now than then.

You have to be careful with weight because as you get healthier, your body changes.  So you could actually weigh a few pounds more than you once did, but have less fat and more muscle.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

As I was coming into work and on the cross walk, I was almost killed by the express bus.  Seriously, I am glad to be a runner, because I had to sprint 3 meters to life.  I was very close (3ft) from dying.  My HR didn't even skip a beat, though.

I completely missed this.  Thank goodness you're okay!

Luke79

3 awesome miles, at an even more awesome feeling 9:49 average pace.  Super comfortable, rhythmic, easy.  I feel amazing!  Big grin

THAT'S why we love running.  When you have that wonderful feeling locked into a nice pace and you feel like fucking superman (or woman, as it were).  Awesomeness.

LRB

THAT'S why we love running.  When you have that wonderful feeling locked into a nice pace and you feel like fucking Cat Woman.  Awesomeness.

FYP!

Big grin

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey running buddies!

I ran 14.08 miles this morning, with 5x3min hill repeats(with slow, jog back recoveries) in the middle of the run. I also ran from home, which I never do because I live on top of a nearly un-runnable hill. Tonight is a group run night, so after the evening's 5 I'll have had a good day of running.

Unfortunately am on iPad again, so will try to catch you good people later.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Amik, hope your rest day is going well for you!

Congrats on your before-work run, Pinktastic.   I am SO not a morning person so I prefer to run after work.  However, in Texas summer I am forced to become a morning runner cuz after work the temps are usually in the 100s.  Because I have to be at work at 7 a.m., that means I usually am up at 4 a.m. - 4:30 a.m. for my morning running.

Considering my measly 15 - 20 miles weekly mileage, LRB, 36-39 sounds like quite a lot to me, lol.  Good luck with your new schedule and mileage!

Outside my window, there's an unfamiliar bright yellow ball in the sky.  Shirfan, where you are, that is NOT the sun. It's a meteor! Shocked  Run! Run for your life! Wink

Good luck with your 12 today, INS.  You sound very calm to me, not panicked at all...

Way to go on the 12, Zelanie! Everyone doing all these double-digit runs...I feel like such a slacker now... Sad  Wink

Good luck with the upcoming 7 miles, Just B.S.!  And Happy Anniversary, glad you won't get hysterical anymore...

Have fun getting your new racing shoes, RM23B!  Naturally, you will be modeling them for us, right? Big grin

Sorry about the PF, Luke, that sucks.   I remember when I had mine, so I feel for ya.  I actually ended up getting a cortisone injection, mine was so bad.  Not fun.  Hope you don't get to that point!

left glute down a little into my hamstring is feeling tight  FreeSoul, this sounds to me like you might have (a) touch of sciatica or (b), the ole piriformis is acting up.  Search the web and try a few recommended stretches for both and see if that helps a bit.   No suggestions on the weight plateau.  I know sometimes you do hit plateaus, but then start losing again, after your body "adjusts" to the new you.  Me, I pretty much stay even all the time. But that's cuz I tend to eat just as much as I run and I don't often eat very nutritiously.  . If I cleaned up my bad eating habits, I'd probably lose a ton.  I'll probably end up like Jim Fixx someday....killed not by running but by bad eating habits and family health history.

Yay for your 3 miles, Kay!  Wow, 9:49 pace...so much for me ever chasing your Great Legs someday!

Congrats on your run, So I'm A Runner, and congrats on beating the home hill! Enjoy the group run tonite!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Pinktastic

April - Those are Pink-mazing pics from your race!   You are very photogenic!!   Thanks for sharing and brightening our day!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Damn.

Jay, I see what you did there!

Beth, I will never forget that day, or the day they got married.  She was pretty special to our generation.

Freesoul, weight loss can be fickle.  I go weeks and sometimes even months without weighing myself because like a slot machine, the numbers never come up the way you want them to.  Just eat clean workout regularly and let your clothes be your guide.

Boon, you could always watch the Avengers ten times.  I can never get enough of that flick!

Scotty, that was funny!

Generally, I agree with your theory on weight. I'm just curious if you hop on the scale more prior to a race? I know it's not a ton, but I've read that 1 pound of weight loss can yield as much as 1% reduction in time over the course of the marathon. With this in mind, I have keep my weight to where I don't have any more than 5 lbs to shed in the month before the race. In other words, since I'm thinking about weight as it relates to performance, I feel like I have to check more often on the scale.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Scotty...thank you! As for your comment to LRB about your mileage, I think what you run is phenomenal considering the pain you must have to put up with. I don't know if I'd keep getting out there if I had the same troubles, so I really admire the running you do.