Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES Presents: Headlines - 1st Edition (Read 64 times)

Great Job!

Well I went for my 6 mile run tonight.... Big grin and ended up doing 6.2 in 1:00:47!!!!!!! A 9:49 pace and it was BE-AWESOME! I wanted to puke and pass out at the end. The first 3 miles were slow because I was going to just run easy, but after the 3rd mile I said screw it. I am so happy that I am going to show off my splits mile for mile!

Mile 1 - 11:32

Mile 2 - 11:12

Mile 3 - 10:58

Mile 4 - 9:21

Mile 5 - 8:05

Mile 6 - 8: 10

.2 - 7:29

I am so happy and tired at the same time, this is so far my fastest 10k yet and I have never reached so close to doing a sub 8 min pace before!!! My legs are sore, I will be doing a lot of stretching and icing and rubbing, and really enjoying my next 2 rest days!!!

WHOOP WHOOP for me!!!!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Great run freesoul!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

Sparker, in most plans, the length of time or distance for your tempo run doesn't include the warm up or cool down.  I don't know what HH does.  If you're not used to sustaining tempo pace for that long then it would be fine to take it down to something you're more comfortable with.

McMillan has a good video about tempo runs here that might be helpful.

Sparker, in most plans, the length of time pr distance for your tempo run doesn't include the warm up or cool down.  I don't know what HH does.  If you're not used to sustaining tempo pace for that long then it would be fine to take it down to something you're more comfortable with.

McMillan has a good video about tempo runs here that might be helpful.

Thanks

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Zelanie I just watched a few of the videos....so helpful! I want to begin speed work sometime soon-ish.... First I need to get back to a regular running schedule pain free of course....and this clarifies a lot!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

7 recovery pace miles tonight.

Zelanie

Glad you liked them!  He is so calm he really makes them sound doable!

Zelanie I just watched a few of the videos....so helpful! I want to begin speed work sometime soon-ish.... First I need to get back to a regular running schedule pain free of course....and this clarifies a lot!

There are so many of you here, I can't do a shoutout to all of you, but just wanted to say great running to everyone!

LRB, you and I are maintaining about the same mpw.  I likey.

Kay, great pace on that run!  Being my teammate, I am cheering you on every day. Smile

Luke, sorry to hear about the PF.  I hope it doesn't have an impact on your race.

Heidi, wow!  I would run out and buy those shoes tomorrow if I didn't already know that you are just plain fast, regardless of what you put on your feet.

Phil, hope you recover quickly.  I'm glad to hear it's done and you are on the mend.

shirfan - nice pace and total miles.  I can relate to the nicer weather.  I was able to run on the paths here ice free today, what a wonderful feeling that was!

damaris, I'm glad you are ok.  That must have been scary to have a near death experience like that.

Scotty - I have gone to bodyflow classes at my gym.  They are great - a little yoga, tai chi, and pilates mix.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)