Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Dave Day (Read 39 times)

delicate flower

Good morning, peoples!  Give it hell today, DaveP!

It is cold and raining today and I got a 10K at noon.  What a lousy time for a race.  As DW says "Do it early so we can eat breakfast after."

What ya got!  Come on, speak up!

<3

LRB

Give it hell today, Marathon Man!

I mean, that is what you do, isn't it, DaveP26Point2. You're right where you want to be.

LRB

As for me, I wanted to run 10, but an event I wanted to check out today (that I completely forgot about!) just popped up on my calendar. So I might just jog for an hour and go there, we'll see....

Docket_Rocket

Go, Dave!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Give 'em hell DaveP!

I ran 14.7 miles on a cool, but beautiful morning.  It started clear with a big moon, and just got better.

I ran 15.4 miles on 4/30/16, so this was my longest run in 2 years.  This makes 9 weeks in a row of 20-30ish miles, and my foot is ok.   I'm also running a little faster than before, and I'm feeling confident enough to admit having goals.  I know I can PR a 5k in September on this mileage, and I think I can do the same in October at the local HM.  If (and that's a BIG word) I come through all that satisfactorily, I sure would like to hit that same marathon again in February.  I think with 30-40 miles a week running, and all the bike miles winter will allow me to endure, I can take care of some unfinished business.  If I could get a sub 4:00 on that hilly sob, I could be content on not running that far ever again.   I'll shut up now, before the running gods hear me and feel the need to laugh or bitchslap.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

Dave should be about four minutes into his race right now.  I hope he is having a good run!

<3

Docket_Rocket

PR, that is awesome.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

I think with 30-40 miles a week running, and all the bike miles winter will allow me to endure, I can take care of some unfinished business. 

In the FWIW department, I'm averaging 25-30 mph running going on 2.5 years now, plus all the biking and swimming.  The biking and running have a way of complementing each other.

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

In the FWIW department, I'm averaging 25-30 mph running going on 2.5 years now, plus all the biking and swimming.  The biking and running have a way of complementing each other.

You are actually one of my most hopeful examples.  I'll never have the speed you do, but logstalking you showed me what is possible on lower running mileage with several more hours of sweating.

Runner with a riding problem.

Good luck Dave!

Boon- That is a terrible time for a race. Good luck to you as well!

SRD today for me

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

LRB

While out on the trail, I had some random chick who was running toward me ask if I was running the half marathon. I offered a response that was sort of a question of, "Um, not today?". I ran about a mile before I started seeing mile markers and figured she missed the turnaround sign. I was on an out and back from the opposite direction of the race but when I turned around and ran 4 miles back I never saw her again. The poor thing, she must still be out there running, looking for the turnaround sign.

LRB

I'll shut up now, before the running gods hear me and feel the need to laugh or bitchslap.

lol

I would say goals (rather realistic or pie in the sky) are what keep many of us at it in this ridiculous hobby. Without them you just kind of drift away on a barge, like at a viking funeral, waiting to be set afire by those you left behind wondering; "Will somebody shoot the damn arrow already??"

Cyberic

Go Dave!

PR, glad you're into running again, with goals and all.

I ran 17+ miles, with 4 x 1.55 miles at MP (2.5 km), with about a a minute jog in between (I'd actually finish the lap laound the park). Then I finished the run at 50K race pace, about 7:40 mpm.

sdWhiskers

12 beautiful miles around a local lake, with 6 x 0.5 miles at goal HMP. Almost no elevation change but a bit windy. I felt amazing! This is seriously the best running shape I've ever been in. To mix things up, I have a 1 mile race next weekend, Cinco de Mile.

Now off to a Padres game. The team may struggle every year but its a lovely ballpark.

LRB

12 beautiful miles around a local lake, with 6 x 0.5 miles at goal HMP. Almost no elevation change but a bit windy. I felt amazing! This is seriously the best running shape I've ever been in. To mix things up, I have a 1 mile race next weekend, Cinco de Mile.

Now off to a Padres game. The team may struggle every year but its a lovely ballpark.

It's a lovely everything in that town.

Good luck on your race. Try to kill yourself, as with the mile it is better to wish you had run slower than to wish you had run faster.