Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES! Now that's what's up (Read 41 times)

LRB

Yo!

After 4 days of no running I am starting to get that caged horse feel.  I may need to (cough-cough) take a stroll around the block here soon.

In other news; it's Friday fools!  What do my friends from the internet have on tap for today?

LRB

Oh, and Jay Deezy won at the internet yesterday!

Mornin'. Thank you for starting today's thread, Rick. Enjoy your stroll.

Yesterday was a RD. So is today. I'm at the airport, waiting for my flight to DC.

Cyberic

Turns out I didn't run yesterday. Came home and got caught up in supper, dishes, and kids homework. So today the 20 min. Tempo run will happen.

FML. I feel sad. The agents at check-in said that there's no reservation for me. And my travel agent isn't available until after the flight leaves.

No MCM for meSad

FML. I feel sad. The agents at check-in said that there's no reservation for me. And my travel agent isn't available until after the flight leaves.

No MCM for meSad

How does this happen? You don't have a confirmation? There are no other flights? What's a travel agent?

Dave

happylily

Basya, I'll echo Dave's questions. How can this happen?

Ebola in NYC? Just in time for my arrival... Anyway, I have a check-up at the Cardiology Institute, in Montreal, this afternoon. I can't wait to tell my doctor about my last race. He's a marathon runner as well. 8 miles later when I come home.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

No MCM for meSad

WTF?!

LRB

I can't wait to tell my doctor about my last race. He's a marathon runner as well.

Most people have no idea what any of what we are saying means so that is pretty cool!

delicate flower

Hello and Happy Friday, ya bunch of NUTS!  I ran 8 miles before work today.  Wind, rain, and 49 degrees.  That was...fun?

<3

There are other flights. I've already paid for one. One of the agents at check-in offered me a later flight out of Boston, at triple the prices. Basically, I was being asked to pay for two flights. I showed the agents the charge on my bank card. (Yay for smartphones.)

The flight offered to me would make it impossible for me to go to the expo straight from the airport, pick up my race packet, and make it to my friends' in MD before the Sabbath begins tonight. Fridays, I have to fly early morning, or not at all.

And the flight where I'd paid for a seat has already left, so, I'm SOL. I'm going home. I already took today off from work, so I'll do some chores and sew.

LRB

There are other flights. I've already paid for one. One of the agents at check-in offered me a later flight out of Boston, at triple the prices. Basically, I was being asked to pay for two flights. I showed the agents the charge on my bank card. (Yay for smartphones.)

The flight offered to me would make it impossible for me to go to the expo straight from the airport, pick up my race packet, and make it to my friends' in MD before the Sabbath begins tonight. Fridays, I have to fly early morning, or not at all.

And the flight where I'd paid for a seat has already left, so, I'm SOL. I'm going home. I already took today off from work, so I'll do some chores and sew.

Got it.  Someone has some 'splaining to do!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

No running today.  A bit sore after my procedure yesterday.   Will stop on the way home from work and get my packet for tomorrow's 5K. Since I was out of the office yesterday, am probably gonna be busy as all get-out today, catching up on projects, email, etc.

Happy trolling, LRB.  Er...I mean strolling...

Wow, Basya, that sucks....how in the heck does the airline lose your reservation?  I sure hope you figure this out and they end up giving you a free airline ticket to somewhere.   I sure hope your travel agent didn't pull some kind of scam on you.

Good luck with the tempo run, Cy.

Nice that you have a doctor that understands runners, Lily.  Me too, since I'm retired military and usually end up seeing military docs.  Most of them are runners too.

Way to get out in that weather, Baboon!  8 miles in that shit, hope you rewarded yourself with something nice for breakfast or something after you were done!

Lauren, you are doing really well post-surgery.  Did you ever get hold of your doc?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

From the Internet.

Oh, and Jay Deezy won at the internet yesterday!

Yeah he did!

Morning friends. Heading off to work in a few, will get my run/walk on before lunch most likely. Gonna stick with 2-minute jogs because what's the Rush at this point, really.

Also my phone autocapitalized rush for some reason, I'm gonna leave it.

From the Internet.

Ohhh that sucks! Sad I hope they compensate you for messing up your whole weekend!