Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: Let's do this! (Read 46 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here. (The OP has a hangover).

LRB

Wassup crew, time to get this thing moving!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning LRB, and Dailies folks to come!

Heading to Baltimore today! So excited! I haven't run since Sunday, damn cold, so my plan right now is to go to a 8:45 yoga class before I head down to Baltimore (yoga always does a great job of loosening me up) and do an easy jog to and from the yoga studio, which is a mile from my apartment. Hoping my legs still work!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning!

URD yesterday, 8 miles done this morning, great run!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

5 nice and easy miles early this morning, now for coffee, quick cleaning then work.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

HAPPY FRIDAY!  I am not working today.  Or Monday.  Or the weekend.  Rock out.

3 easy miles done at 8:32 pace.  Just keeping loose.  HM tomorrow.  Wife and I are headed to the EXPO later to get our stuff.  Hopefully we will come upon some purchasable running related items!

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

AFM:  I had a really great run/walk last night, 3.5 miles.   Went to Hardberger Park, a local park named for one of our past San Antonio mayors.   Really nice trails, lots of shade, a dog park within the park and lots of doggies to treat along my way.  Weather was lovely, 83 degrees, 50% humidity, dew-point of 58. After I finished, I was at my car getting ready to leave and a young lady parked next to me asked if she could have a photo of me in my "I BEAT CANCER! NEVER GIVE UP!" shirt to show her grandfather who is dealing with his cancer right now.  I told her to wait a second and then went into my car where I keep a few extras of my cancer shirts and gave it to her and told her to give it to her grandfather with good wishes from me.  And she gave me a "thanks" hug.... and THEN she started crying!  Dang, I really didn't mean to get her all 'emotional' and apologized to her.  She said it was okay, they were 'good tears' and then jokingly told me next time I do that for anyone wait until AFTER they take the photo cuz it's hard to see the photo subject when your eyes are wet.  lol. Very nice young lady and I wish her grandfather all the best.

Rest day today and then doing a 5K tomorrow that supports the Marfan Foundation.  It starts and finishes at a very good local restaurant, Los Patios, so we will have breakfast tacos waiting for us at the finish, nice!   This will be Race #56 for me for the year.

Well, Kristin, I already gave you 'advice' in the Penguin thread, so I'll just tell you here to have a safe trip to Baltimore and good luck with your race!

Way to go on the morning 8, Dave!

"quick cleaning, then work..."   Umm, FreeSoul, itsn't quick cleaning "work" too?   Congrats on your a.m. miles.

Enjoy that long weekend, Baboon.  Gives you more time to rest after you rock your HM tomorrow!  Good luck, and have fun at the Expo!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  SRD.  Will travel tonight.

Damaris

Just B.S.

10 lovely miles on the bike on my rest day yesterday.

Been focusing on marathon training (and travelling for 10 days ) so haven't been on the bike since my last

triathlon on August 30th, so despite feeling crappy with a sinus cold the ride was wonderful!

Undetermined distance today. Trying to balance recovery from travelling and a cold with continuing

to train for my next marathon which is in 16 days. 

Phil, have a great race! Some folks from here are going down so you could see some Canadians. Steer

clear cause they can be a crazy sort. We were going to go with that group but then Ireland came up and

a girl's gotta make choices Big grin.  Possibly next year. Such a great race from what I hear and pretty town and

only a 10 hour drive. Really need to fit it into the schedule for next year.

Been working on my race report from the Moo-athlon in Ireland. I am afraid it is going to be so long

even less people will read than normal. But that's OK, I am also writing out the story for the photo book

I always make from our trips so even if no one reads it's still needs to be done.Smile

Have a great day everyone!

Robert31320

Team TJ

A quick 1.25 mile run around the block to stay on track with a weekly goal.

Running for TJ because he can't.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Got 4 in last night on the bum knee.  (seems to be healing quickly....THANK GOD!!)  My body seems to have taken this dip in "health score" like a video game character lately.  Gotta get outta that rut!

Great job all & GO FOR IT, tomorrow, Phil!!  After the last few days of knee trouble, I feel for ya'!!  Of course, I suppose a bionic knee in replacement for these inferior bio-knees would be welcome too. Wink  But, I don't think I'll purposely go sabotage a knee just for the fun of it, so I'll have to enjoy your bionic runs by proxy. Cool

Randy

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy October 11th!  This day in history, in 1984, Space shuttle Challenger astronaut, Kathryn Sullivan, became the first American woman to walk in space.

Today's Holidays

World Egg Day

National Sausage Pizza Day

National Family Bowling Day

National Costume Swap Day  - Meet with friends, neighbors, classmates, etc., and swap some costumes around in anticipation of Halloween

"It's My Party!" Day - have a party today for whatever reason you want!

humpty dumpty, eggshells, pieces, put together, art, sculpture, found objects art,

little bo peep, Humpty Dumpty, flirt, egg nogg,

KEYWORD1  2011-04-27  medical  medicine  health  healthcare  health care   doctor  doctors  physicia

KEYWORD1  2011-12-01  bear  bears  anthropomorphic  goldilocks and the three bears  fairy tale  fair

KEYWORD1  2005-12-28  food  foods  eat  eating  restaurant  restaurants  pizza  chuck e. cheese

KEYWORD1  2010-05-31  app  apps  iphone  smartphone  iphones  smartphones  cell phone  cellphones

bowling cartoons, bowling cartoon, bowling picture, bowling pictures, bowling image, bowling images, bowling illustration, bowling illustrations

bowling cartoons, bowling cartoon, bowling picture, bowling pictures, bowling image, bowling images, bowling illustration, bowling illustrations

bowling, golf carts,

KEYWORD1  1995-08-04  family  families  parent  parents  parenting  mom  moms  mother

mummy, costume, unknown friend, halloween

scary costume, acme worker, Wylie E. Coyotes

KEYWORD1  2012-01-12  wolf  wolves  animal  animals  anthropomorphic  mammal  mammals  relationship

costumes cartoons, costumes cartoon, costumes picture, costumes pictures, costumes image, costumes images, costumes illustration, costumes illustrations

costumes cartoons, costumes cartoon, costumes picture, costumes pictures, costumes image, costumes images, costumes illustration, costumes illustrations

office party cartoons, office party cartoon, office party picture, office party pictures, office party image, office party images, office party illustration, office party illustrations

KEYWORD1  2011-08-08  parody  parodies  cop  cops  police  policeman  policemen  police officer

KEYWORD1  2008-09-01  parody  parodies  batman  dc comics  bat signal  commissioner gordon  christma

KEYWORD1  2008-07-08  louisiana  new orleans  mardi gras  bourbon street  50000 b.c.  caveman  cavem

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, yes cleaning is work too....... but I didn't get to do any so I'll have to clean some when I get home tonight Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

No work today. Slept in a bit and missed my chance at an early morning run (before DD gets up). Had breakfast and DW went to get her haircut. So I did something for the first time: I brought DD for a run in the jogging stroller. It was only 2 miles at a 8:43 pace, but I think it will be the last chance this year at it. Since I hadn't yet tried it, I gave it a whirl. It didn't go too bad, although the wheels aren't true any more. The whole thing pulls to the right so it's more work on your arms. I actually think the workout was a bit more difficult because of it.

Debut Marathon tomorrow!

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

Just B.S.

This is sort of surreal. Since we returned from Ireland on Sunday a new series of "Visit Ireland"

commercials have been running on our local feeds. So cool seeing so many of the places

we visited!

We crossed the bridge in the video in 25mpw winds and it was a blast!!

http://www.ireland.com/en-ca/what-is-available/attractions-built-heritage/destinations/northern-ireland/county-antrim/articles/carrick-a-rede-video