Beginners and Beyond

Thunderstorm Tuesday Penguins (Read 14 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Thunderstorms all day = treadmill for me.  I think I've got 6 miles on tap.  Ugh =(  It is nasty out there.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

PADRunner

Thunderstorms all day = treadmill for me.  I think I've got 6 miles on tap.  Ugh =(  It is nasty out there.

Wishful thinking. 6 done this morning, group later. 101 today.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and 7 miles tonight.  Hoping for rain or even light thunderstorms to run outside.  Have not been able to for more than a week.

Damaris

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

5 planned for me this morning.  Then a TRX class at the gym.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  It's been stormy here too.  Maybe tonight will be better!  I was so incredibly sleepy driving in to work today, it was really not good.  I think I'll take the opportunity for a short desk nap today.  Maybe tonight I'll make it out for a run!

sapf -- enjoy your 6, and stay dry!!

PAD -- 101, blech!!  Woo-hoo for your 6 done!!

Docket -- enjoy your Pilates and 7!!

Brilliant -- have a good 5 and TRX!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

4 easy this afternoon.  No comment on the weather. On 2nd thought, it might be 5.

GinnyinPA

We were supposed to have thunderstorms yesterday and today, but it looks like they missed us, again.  I wish it would rain.

sapf - have fun on the TM

Pad - have fun with your double today.

D - enjoy Pilates and your evening miles.  I hope you do get outside.  For me, I don't mind the TM, but don't like to do it every day.  IT does make my normal routes a lot more fun when I do get outside.

Brilliant - enjoy your five and xt

HM - enjoy your nap.  I hope you get out for a walk or run this evening.

Jerry - nice and cool for you?  Have a good five.

We're heading to the WV mountains for a couple of days.  It will be cool (high of 71 today, 67 tomorrow) and possibly wet, but waiting out the storms never seems to work.  I'd rather go and get wet than not go at all.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Dang it was humid this morning! 3.4 miles of 'struggling' hills at Fort Sam Houston. You know, I do prefer warm weather over cold...but August in Texas is terrible! For pete's sake, I was running at 6:30 a.m. and it was already near 80 degrees and the dewpoint and humidity readings crazy! It certainly wasn't a pretty run/walk, but even a bad run is better than no run..and I did conquer all those hills, running up every darn one of them....4 total and these were not 'baby' hills either. That a/c back at the gym felt REALLY good after that and I also took a COLD shower, which felt great, VERY cooling, lol.

Another hot one today.  Yesterday we reached 102 actual temp, heat index 105;   and today it will be about 101.  Tomorrow we are supposedly getting a 'cool front', lol...only a high of 96 degrees.

Yeah, definitely early a.m. running around here in August!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

Geez, it's quiet in the igloo!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Ended up with 6, and tried a random walk/run. Runs were about a minute faster than usual easy run.

Scotty, our DD is in the Big D and all she could say about it, it's HOT !!!  So her run was in a nice, cool Orange Theory Fitness.

Amazonian Princess

Have you ever had a run that left you wiped out for a day and a half?   Did seven miles of run/walk on Saturday and was left feeling so beat up that I wasn't even hungry until Monday afternoon. Might be because I'm moving faster (about a minute faster per mile than I was last year) or might be the increase in weekly mileage my trainer suggested. Might even be that I'm adapting to better form since she ran with me and noticed I was rolling on the outside of my right foot and my shoulders were coming up and forward a lot.

Whatever it was (or if it was all three) I'm feeling better now and have a session with the trainer tonight then some last minute shopping for an at-work bridal shower tomorrow

I can. I will. I am. 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Finally got outside and did my 6 miles after the thunderstorms.  Pretty pictures below!