Beginners and Beyond

Love is in my world since SATURDAILIES (Read 222 times)

@runjerseygirl

And good luck, Damaris!  I'm watching your updates on FB!  Go, D, go!

Do you even run?

LRB

What up doe crew!

Tom, in another lifetime, I worked the night shift for a good bit of years.  I had no issues with it.

Supp Flo,  I'm living the dream baby!  I too would get up early to run, rather than run after work or in the heat.  Ciao Bella!

Beth, one of these days Imma get to that pool!

Boon, where football viewing is concerned, calorie surplus is right!

Supp Luke!  Glad to see you hangin' in there with the dailies!

Kay, you ever try the elliptical?  It's non-impact properties are ideal for those with injuries that are exacerbated by impact, and actually serves to hasten healing.  It makes for a really good workout too.  I swear by mine.

Supp, Angela, April, Shari, B-Plus, Liver Lover, Spark, SIAR!

Me, I'm enjoying my favorite part of the weekend; the quiet morning with coffee.  Will be getting out for a trek around my square in a bit for around 6 miles.  I am looking forward to running on flat land and not snow and ice for a change!

Peace

@runjerseygirl

Before I started running I would do the elliptical.  I never really loved it, but I guess I could give it another shot.  Thanks for the tip.  And enjoy your run this morning.  It's nice not to have to check every step, isn't it? Smile

Do you even run?

SRD. May do some x-training later. Congrats on the race Damaris!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Howdy Y'all

Which is better the elliptical or the arc trainer? Looking to mix some other aerobic work into my downtime. Been using my bike trainer.

On a more positive note my wife surprised me with some dark chocolate sea salt caramels! They go well with both wine and beer!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

B-Plus

LOL, I guess I hit "quote" instead of "modify" with my last post.

VA - Enjoy the double digits!

SIAR and jneilt - Good luck with your races!

14.7 @ 8:15. It was 24 degrees so of course I overdressed.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Happy Saturday!

6.3 miles done.

Lots of yard work to do now...

Running for TJ because he can't.

StepbyStep-SH

SIAR and jneilt - Hope the races went well!

Damaris - From FB, it looks like Disney is fun!
                  Gustav - Those caramels sound heavenly.
                  Kay - Hang in there. I had 3 weeks off in November. It's tough, but worth it if it heals the injury.

I called 6 miles enough, since my lungs still aren't really back to 100%. Hoping next week will be back to a more normal mileage - which I haven't really seen since October. Yikes.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Zelanie

Morning! LR for me today.   Headed out for between 9 and 11.  Hopefully it warms up a bit, though!  It's all icy out now so I think I'm aiming for mid day and hopefully not the TM because on the weekend there's no way I could be on it for that long without pissing somebody off.

happylily

I ended up taking a rest day yesterday because my sister came over to help finish painting my son's room. I didn't feel like running at 10 pm after she left. This morning, I ran my second set of intervals of the week, 4.5 miles at 6:58 pace (divided into 5 intervals), 3.5 miles in recovery intervals and the last 3 miles a bit faster than MP. 11 miles total, about 8:10 pace avg. I will try to add some recovery miles later tonight to catch up on the missing run from yesterday...

Can't wait to read some race reports this weekend. The forum has been awfully quiet lately... Good luck everyone! Have tons of fun!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning runners, happy Saturday! Good luck racers!

Just came from the doctor for my annual physical for work. Asked about the knee. He said it sounded like ITBS. He had nothing else to say other  than I should stop running. No one should run because it is terrible for the body, and I should just stop now. I told him I wabted to get back to running. He said if I was stupid enough to do that, and if I kept having issues then I should see an orthopedic doctor. I asked for a referral and he huffed out and slammed the door. I think he hates runners....

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

@runjerseygirl

Morning runners, happy Saturday! ood luck racers!

Just came from the doctor for my annual physical for work. Asked about the knee. He said it sounded like ITBS. He had nothing else to say other  than I should stop running. No one should run because it is terrible for the body, and I should just stop now. I told him I wabted to get back to running. He said if I was stupid enough to do that, and if I kept having issues then I should see an orthopedic doctor. I asked for a referral and he huffed out and slammed the door. I think he hates runners....

Woah.  I'd find a new doctor, stat.

Do you even run?

LRB

Well, I went out and had a fantastic run!  Started with a 2 mile warmup then alternated goal marathon pace miles with recovery miles for a total of 8.

Now, no one would ever confuse marathon pace with speed work, but for where I am at, I will definitely count today's run as a quality work out!

I had trouble dialing in on GMP (8:00) and actually never hit it, but I am not going to beat myself up over that on my first real run back.  Nope, I'm feeling kinda special right about now.  If I could hug myself, I would!  Big grin

1-8:56

2-8:46

3-7:57

4-8:45

5-7:57

6-8:48

7-7:55

8-9:33

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good morning, everyone!  It was a late night with lots of wine involved.  You know the cure for that.

Yeah, baby - that's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Coffee's a'brewin'!

Too many apostrophies in one sentence. Arrggggghhhh!!!!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Shakedown Street

all that race did is remind me why i hate 5 and 10 ksSmile

no results yet, but i did pr, 325 feet of climbing on a muggy day

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)