Beginners and Beyond

Garmin support (Read 28 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

I need to contact Garmin tech support today. I've never needed to contact them, but my experience with other companies and tech support (esp Dell) is that it is an awful experience. So, for those who have needed to contact them, what is better--phone or chat?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I've used email, slower response but then I also have a record of all the interaction.  They always resolved the problem, though in some cases that meant sending in the unit for refurbishment or replacement.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I've used email, slower response but then I also have a record of all the interaction.  They always resolved the problem, though in some cases that meant sending in the unit for refurbishment or replacement.

That's how I communicate with Dell. I have found with a lot of chats, you can get an email of it.

LRB

I use Garmin email as well. They are thourough. You can also try the Garmin forums. Oftentimes, many of these issues have been discussed multiple times.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I use Garmin email as well. They are thourough. You can also try the Garmin forums. Oftentimes, many of these issues have been discussed multiple times.

This issue definitely has. I think I'm going to be sending the watch to them.

delicate flower

I'd call.  My experience with them via online or e-mail has been awful.  If you call, you'll get somebody right away and have some sort of resolution by the time you finish the call.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'd call.  My experience with them via online or e-mail has been awful.  If you call, you'll get somebody right away and have some sort of resolution by the time you finish the call.

At risk of sounding like an ugly American,  Is their phone support US based?

LRB

What, you don't want to speak with "Tony Smith", whose English is so hard to understand it sounds like he said tuni miff?  😂

delicate flower

The last guy I spoke to sounded like a stoned Coloradoan.  I imagine he was wearing cargo shorts and Keen sandals during our call.  But, he was helpful.

<3

The last guy I spoke to sounded like a stoned Coloradoan.  I imagine he was wearing cargo shorts and Keen sandals during our call.  But, he was helpful.

Trail runner.

Dave

Trail runner.

Oh shit.  I just died.