Beginners and Beyond

Race day Saturday (Read 36 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Good luck KC, GC and Docket!

At breakfast. I didn't get the memo to come down in full race attire. I have to slather myself in sunscreen, so ain't doing that super early.And damn, runners are loud. Just cause you got up at 6 doesn't mean everyone needs to hear you in the hall.

Docket_Rocket

Ugh. I hate that!  My hotel had a boxing match but fortunately the rooms were quiet last night.

Good luck, guys!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 POPs for about 2000 people. WTF.

I have had about 5 people cut in line to talk to friends/jump the line.  If it wasn't for the fact it's taking 20+ minutes, I'd call them out. Assholes.

delicate flower

Good luck, peeps!  Go do that racing!

Good morning to rest of you!  I've got an easy one hour bike ride later, so it's basically a rest day.  It's kind of nice to not have to run 14 miles today.  I'll spend the rest of the day doing chores and errands with the wife.

<3

Good Luck Racers! 

Took the day off from work yesterday due to the rain. Managed to get a bunch of stuff done around the house but I think I would have rather went to work. Moved 1000+ lbs of dirt from Home depot to my house, planted some grass seed, did some yard work, cleaned out the garage...it was an exhausting day.

First time back on the hills in a loooong time. I'm really out of shape on the hills but I know I need to run them if Im going to race well at this hilly 5k next month. Figured a 10/4 tempo was a good workout to go with.

4 UP easy 8:31, 7:47, 52, 54

4 Tempo effort (pace wasn't there on the hills today) 6:42, 38, 37, 37

2 DN 7:51, 8:09

10MI total 7:29avg pace/  748' climbing

Legs are beat.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning, and gogo racer folks!

I pedaled for 62.8 miles.  Put me down for another metric this month.  It's a beautiful morning, and I like it a lot.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Good luck racers! Another 24 hrs for me. Our hotel breakfast opens at 7. Race starts at 7. OK then.

3 miles along the riverfront trail in Eugene, on a beautiful morning. Too bad it won't last.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

It's be a colder than normal spring. It was easily 65 or 70 and sunny. I stopped sweating around mile 9 and would periodically feel chilled. I was on pace to PR until that point, then it blew up. Running is dumb.

sdWhiskers

6.8 easy miles this morning. One of those runs where you could go on forever, except I had to make it back for a Tball game.

Now I'm at the game, sitting near an asshat parent who brought their vicious growling little Fido. Who barks and tries to bite everyone. Great addition to an event filled with 3-6 year old kids.

6.8 easy miles this morning. One of those runs where you could go on forever, except I had to make it back for a Tball game.

Wow, those are awesome, I can't remember the last time I had one. Most of them just feel like they go on forever.

Dave

When morning runners tell people about their schedule.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

That was hilly!  I wanted to run a post surgery PR but afer Mile 9 I knew that involved a lot of fake news.  Then I thought I could run a sub-5 but the 4 miles of uphills in the park took care of that. But, a new state and marathon #45 is done!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

That was hilly!  I wanted to run a post surgery PR but afer Mile 9 I knew that involved a lot of fake news.  Then I thought I could run a sub-5 but the 4 miles of uphills in the park took care of that. But, a new state and marathon #45 is done!

I cannot fathom it. That makes me want to cry just looking at it.

sdWhiskers

Wow, those are awesome, I can't remember the last time I had one. Most of them just feel like they go on forever.

Usually my shorter weekend run is easy breezy but then for my long run, I'm so over it by like mile 3. Which is funny because right now it's only 7 vs 12 miles.

zzyzx

So I woke up and it was chilly and raining again and I just couldn't deal with that being the weather for my run day when it was stunning all week. It was time for a change of plan. I went to the gym and decided to go for speed instead of distance to see if I could regain some of my pace. I did a 5k, increasing the speed every 5 minutes. I hadn't pushed myself like that in ages as I've just been going for easy runs. 3.11 at 8:18 pace but some of that was the treadmill warming up and back down so probably a tad faster. Maybe I do have sub 8 minute miles in me again.

After that I did 10 minutes on the exercise bike. I switched it up to a harder level than I had been doing because today was about pushing myself.

Then I went back on the treadmill. 2.4 miles at 8:22. I was starting to fade a bit there at the end so I didn't do a complete 5k the second time around.

Finally I went to the elliptical and set it up for hills and did a little under a mile in 10 minutes. It might not be the long runs I like to do on Saturday but pushing myself felt good.