Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: Snooze City (Read 31 times)

LRB

I'm on the elliptical. 👎

I should have gone for a short jog but I had such a great run yesterday that I want to hold on to that feeling for as long as possible, before reality kicks back in and something starts to ache!

From the Internet.

I slept in. I love sleep. I only need 5-6 miles today and I'll get them at some point this afternoon - husband will be home early from work.

I ran 5 with some folks from my town last night for the first time, it was nice! We brainstormed some ideas for getting more people out and running with us, so maybe we'll grow before the fall race season is out! Still running workouts and most Saturdays with my Providence club but it would be great to have some options for running buddies closer to home, especially if I can find people who want to run early mornings before work in the fall.

delicate flower

'Morning!  'Friday!  My run this morning had the three main elements of everything that is awful, awful, terrible bad about running:  Running in the morning, running at the track, and running in the rain, and we can all agree that those three things suck.  That being said, it was tolerable.  I did 8 x 400, with 400 recoveries.  I let the Garmin auto-lap every mile, but the "hard" 400's were around a 6:30 pace.  A good push but not balls out.  4 miles total at 6:59 avg pace. Swim tonight and the weather will dictate whether that is open water or pool.

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Put me down for 11/5 overcast, warm, and humid miles.  Rolling, rolling, rolling.

Have a kickass day everyone!

Runner with a riding problem.

onemile

I missed my second run last night. Went out for dinner in West Hollywood and by the time we got back I was just too tired.  But I have a plan for making up the miles.  Flying back home today

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and that's it.  Very happy about that, ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I did my 1 mile time trial. Result: drum roll please...5:59.8. Ha.

Splits: 1:26.7, 1:30.2, 1:33.3, 1:29.6. That 3rd quarter was a little rough I guess. But overall it was kind of fun.

Strava actually called it a 5:58, maybe I should take that.

Dave

LRB

I'm on the elliptical. 👎

I did 45 minutes.

LRB

I did my 1 mile time trial. Result: drum roll please...5:59.8. Ha.

Splits: 1:26.7, 1:30.2, 1:33.3, 1:29.6. That 3rd quarter was a little rough I guess. But overall it was kind of fun.

Strava actually called it a 5:58, maybe I should take that.

Nice job.

The equivalent race times should be intriguing. I know for certain it's a sub-20:00 5k because at one time it was all I dreamed about.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

I did 45 minutes.

I gave my elliptical away last weekend.  I even loaded it in my truck and delivered it 15 miles away.  For free, while smiling.

If I can't run or bike, I'll just drink beer and pout.

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

I gave my elliptical away last weekend.  I even loaded it in my truck and delivered it 15 miles away.  For free, while smiling.

If I can't run or bike, I'll just drink beer and pout.

lol

When all else fails, which is ALL THE TIME for me, it's all I have. Keeping in mind that biking is completely out of the question for roughly 4 months out of the year here. I mean. I suppose there are people who do it when there is snow and ice all over the place and the temps are in the teens, but no. Not a chance!

The equivalent race times should be intriguing. I know for certain it's a sub-20:00 5k because at one time it was all I dreamed about.

It's not, according to McMillan. A 6:00 mile converts to a 20:50 5k. A 19:59 5k is a 5:45 mile.

I can see doing a bit better than today, but I have a hard time imagining 5:45. And based on most of my 5k's, I also have a hard time imagining sub-20.

Dave

onemile

It's not, according to McMillan. A 6:00 mile converts to a 20:50 5k. A 19:59 5k is a 5:45 mile.

I can see doing a bit better than today, but I have a hard time imagining 5:45. And based on most of my 5k's, I also have a hard time imagining sub-20.

I'd be surprised if I could run a sub-6 mile

LRB

Indeed. Daniels neither. I'm not sure what what I was thinking about then.

And I like the way I stated it was the one thing I was certain of. Idiot.

And I like the way I stated it was the one thing I was certain of. 

That is funny. Fake news!

Dave