Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #20 (Read 32 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Currently waiting for my fire hazard space heater to raise the room temperature a bit from the 56 it was when I turned it on so that I can get out of bed and hit the bike. And call about using the PT AlterG this week.

Today is my three-year climbaversary, so of course I need to go climb too!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

Rest day. I am trashed. Flying back to the frozen tundra tonight

LRB

You done good.

LRB

I had one of my more difficult runs ever yesterday. Shin depth snow, frozen ice ruts, half frozen water puddles, ice patches and omg, the wind!

I began the stupid thing with a 4 mile minimum but just kept going and going and going or plowing and plowing and plowing until I got to 4.2 miles, then turned around for 8.4, which felt like 16 to my legs!

The screw shoes held up fantastically, I am just over the moon with them. At one point towards the end I sprinted across a 50 foot section of ice and It. Was. Awesome.

I've picked out something more reliable though, and despite the exorbitant cost, they are specifically manufactured for the purpose. The ones I'm using now are showing significant wear after only two runs (12 miles) and I require something more durable, not to mention certainty. Don't get me wrong, the sheet metal screws worked good. But if the question is good, better or best, where safety is concerned, I am not going to overthink it.

onemile

I've picked out something more reliable though, and despite the exorbitant cost, they are specifically manufactured for the purpose. The ones I'm using now are showing significant wear after only two runs (12 miles) and I require something more durable, not to mention certainty. Don't get me wrong, the sheet metal screws worked good. But if the question is good, better or best, where safety is concerned, I am not going to overthink it.

Those are actually what I use

RunningOnSand

Don't get me wrong, the sheet metal screws worked good. But if the question is good, better or best, where safety is concerned, I am not going to overthink it.

I actually think that these are fairly inexpensive, when you take an injury into account! Looks like the real deal!

RunningOnSand

Well earned!!!

RunningOnSand

Got up early to do my strength training session with my friend. My arms are going to be unusable today.

I've got 4 on the TM at some point today...going to finish this coffee. And maybe even have a 3rd cup! (Although that's highly unlikely...I usually never finish my 2nd cup.)

RunningOnSand

Currently waiting for my fire hazard space heater to raise the room temperature a bit from the 56 it was when I turned it on so that I can get out of bed and hit the bike. And call about using the PT AlterG this week.

Today is my three-year climbaversary, so of course I need to go climb too!

Um, that's COLD. I'm currently sitting underneath a heatable blanket (the best ever!). And it's like 67* in here, haha! GL with the phone call about the AlterG...hope you get reimbursed for that. And, happy climbaversary!

5.4, 3 flat elevated, 2.4 bowl hills with gutter...slept in till 6:37😮

normal winter temps finally arrived in northern Virginia. 19 this morning at start.

I would imagine. For some reason I am still surprised every time how much a marathon destroys me.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning! Our AC/Nest issue yesterday had the house at 55F at some point, brrrr. I had all the space heaters in high and almost turned the fireplace on. But fortunately, the technician came quickly and now the house is at a more normal temp of 65F. Hubby wishes it was 70F but I'm good.

I have a massage and 5 later. Off today.

I am super sore, especially my back. Then I realized I have run 6 straight days (which I'm not used to yet), and ran two 4+ hour runs last weekend so oops. The massage is very timely.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

7.5 miles with 4 x (200/200/400) with equal parts jog recovery. Haven't seen my HR in the 190s in awhile.

Cyberic

Morning! Our AC/Nest issue yesterday had the house at 55F at some point, brrrr. I had all the space heaters in high and almost turned the fireplace on. But fortunately, the technician came quickly and now the house is at a more normal temp of 65F. Hubby wishes it was 70F but I'm good.

I have a massage and 5 later. Off today.

I am super sore, especially my back. Then I realized I have run 6 straight days (which I'm not used to yet), and ran two 4+ hour runs last weekend so oops. The massage is very timely.

I like the temperature indoors at around 72 in the winter, and 77-78 in the summer.

sdWhiskers

Currently waiting for my fire hazard space heater to raise the room temperature a bit from the 56 it was when I turned it on so that I can get out of bed and hit the bike.

I had an apt in CT years ago where the heat sucked and I had zero control over the thermostat. I would turn on the oven and open it in order to get the temp into the 60s instead of the 50s. If I used a space heater, it would trip the breaker and I'd be without power completely until my slumlord would deal with it (at least 24 hours later). So oven it was!