Beginners and Beyond

Woo-hoo Friday Penguins!! (Read 9 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I have a ton of work stuff to do today, plus a ton of non-work stuff to do.  Chorus rehearsal last night was all kinds of fun -- my director incorporated a method of improving tuning that a coach taught our quartet, and even though we only did one phrase (because it takes frickin' FOREVER), that phrase was so incredibly better that everybody was all "Wow, did you hear that??"  So hoping for more of that in the future!!  Anyway, better get my nose back to the grindstone!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Ran 5 more with hubby last night so I'm sore.  6 or 8 miles after Pilates tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

The knee isn't really affecting your mileage any more, is it Docket?  Woo-hoo for you!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Got a St. Patrick's 5K after work today, starting at 7 PM...followed by beer...then a 5K Saturday morning, and that one has beer too...and then a Sunday 5K - the Donut Dash 5k, which has beer and donuts.    Busy running week this week as I've already gotten in runs on Tues, Wed, and Thurs.   Monday is definitely going to be a non-running rest day.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

The knee isn't really affecting your mileage any more, is it Docket?  Woo-hoo for you!!

It isn't.  I'm just sore for runs that I used to not be, but I assume it's my body and the 4-5 weeks I wasn't running. After all, the surgery was 6 weeks ago, so it's recent. I'm very happy, thanks!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Scotty - enjoy your races, and all the beer.

D - Is the soreness muscle ache from not running or sore knee?  You have come back very quickly after not running for a few weeks, so it's not surprising that your body would rebel a bit.  Be careful.

HopesMom - I hope you were able to accomplish a lot today both for work and non-work.

Another RD, which really irritates me because it is gorgeous outside.  Walking Ben was so nice in the sun with no wind. The snow is melting quickly. There are already some bare grassy patches. I'm still coughing though, so I'll play it safe. I hate being sick!

Docket_Rocket

The knee is not sore.  Everything else is!  From shoulders down, ha.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Got a St. Patrick's 5K after work today, starting at 7 PM...followed by beer...then a 5K Saturday morning, and that one has beer too...and then a Sunday 5K - the Donut Dash 5k, which has beer and donuts.    Busy running week this week as I've already gotten in runs on Tues, Wed, and Thurs.   Monday is definitely going to be a non-running rest day.

Sounds like Monday ought to be a non-beering day too!! 

Singer who runs a smidge

Another RD, which really irritates me because it is gorgeous outside.  Walking Ben was so nice in the sun with no wind. The snow is melting quickly. There are already some bare grassy patches. I'm still coughing though, so I'll play it safe. I hate being sick!

Me too.  I upped my vitamin C uptake this contest season, and it seems to have helped out quite a bit.  I may actually step on stage this year with a voice!  *Knocks on wood*