Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's ThursDAILY or is it Thriday? (Read 32 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy Thriday.  Need a RD, but nice weather does not allow it, nor does DW.

Have a great day and Happy Bday, Jimmy.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

URD again Sad this cough is the worst!!! But on the plus side, carb loading has begun! I love carbs!! Leaving for Baltimore tomorrow to attend the expo!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Morning!

Thursday for me. It's never Thriday. Gosh I could use a Thriday. Smile

Got my 3 in this morning, and ran with a sleeve to support my twingy knee. I am so close to the 10 mile race, I feel like I can't rest yet. But the sleeve really helped. I even ran my fastest mile. Big grin

Kristin - I hope you feel better quickly!! Enjoy the expo!

Jerry - Happy Thriday!!

Good Morning,

I didn't get my run in yesterday, so I'm feeling bummed about it since I haven't had a decent run since saturday.  Today I'm flying to Nashville for the long weekend, and have packed up my running gear, so I hope to get in at least 3 running days between now and Tuesday.

Kristin, carb loading is the best part of gearing up for a race!  Rest up for the race!

MNMickey, way to get those early morning miles in!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

KJ, let me know what to do in Nashville as we are going there next month for Hard Rock Half.

tracilynn

Thriday, yes please

Morning Jerry, Kristin, kj, Mickey!

I did a painfully slow 3.4 miles this morning. Beautiful sunrise. I Even saw a guy out in his whitey tighties trying to snap a picture of it Big grin

~~~~~~~

Traci

Philliefan33

Good morning.

SRD for me today.  The weather is cold and rainy, so it's a nice day to stay in and rest.

tracilynn

Sounds like a good day to rest margo!  When is your next race?

jerry, go to Opry Mills in Nashville. Beautiful HUGE indoor atrium with shops, restaurants, bars, and a boat ride.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Kristin: get well but enjoy those carbs!

Jerry: happy ThirdaySmile

MNM: when is your race?

kjtd: safe travels

traci: don't worry about your speed, slow is good. Just get your shin right.

PF: enjoy your rest day

5 easy miles for me. That will be nice.

Hi everyone.

hog4life

I did a 3 mile recovery run with Bella. She seems to be getting stronger. I think the cooler weather will help her.

Traci, will you do Liz Hurley if you can't make the Monte Sano?

Jerry, your race is the same day as mine I think, Nov 9th?

Kristin, get more rest.

Have a great day to the rest of the gang.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  4 miles tonight, most likely with hubby.  Forgot my meds last night and now I'm coughing and stuff.  Hope this goes away before the weekend.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Morning!  It is my Thriday too!  No school in Oregon tomorrow.  It used to be the day that teachers would get to go in conferences and workshops which were offered around the state.  Now it's just sort of a "we can't really afford to have school today" day.  RD today as far as running.

Got my run in with the dogs, but didn't get the grant done.  I will do my best to work on it today so that I don't have to keep working on it over the weekend.

Jerry- Hope that you get some recovery, if not some rest.

kristin- Hope you feel better!

Mickey- Glad the sleeve helped!  I was thinking about getting one, but put it off so long that I didn't seem to need it anymore.

kjtd- Hope you find some good running routes!

Traci- Too funny!  Sunrise and almost a moonrise!

Margo- Enjoy the RD.

Jack- Enjoy the easy day.

Mitch- Glad to hear that Bella is building up her endurance too. Smile

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, all!!  Just Thursday for me, although last night I was considering taking today off if I didn't feel better.  But a Benadryl last night and a Claritin this morning has improved my outlook on life.  I was still sleepy driving in, but mostly felt better.  Chorus tonight!!

Jerryb -- it's all rainy, windy, and chilly here.  

kristin -- rest as much as possible, and enjoy the carbs!!

Mickey -- glad the sleeve helped your knee!!

kj -- hope you get to run in Nashville!!

traci -- laughing at the underwear photographer!!

Phillie -- add a good book and a cup of hot tea, and I'm there!!

Jack -- enjoy your easy 5!!

hog -- Dusty is way happier when it's cooler outside.  Unfortunately, he's also faster and more enthusiastic, so he pulls harder and tires more slowly!!

Docket -- hope you and hubby feel better!!  (Your cough, his shins)

Zelanie -- have a good day off tomorrow!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

From the Internet.

Morning guys. Got in a good easy run this morning, 3.45 miles, felt much better than I anticipated after the sore calves yesterday.

Long day ahead.. not much work, but I'm bringing my car in for an oil change/tire rotation/maybe brakes, and then heading to my parents' house to say goodbye to our first family dog :C The vet is coming to the house tonight so she can be euthanized at home. We adopted her at the age of 5-7ish (no one was sure how old she was, came from the streets of Puerto Rico) when I was 15, she's at least 16 years old and maybe as old as 18 now. She was the best little dog a family could ask for.