Beginners and Beyond

Dammit... I Fell Down For The First Time Ever (Read 95 times)

Buelligan

It's these Altra shoes.  They're shaped kind of funny and the inside part of the toe box got caught on a crack on the asphalt I was running on.  I got a scrape on my right knee and I trashed my gloves.  I had those gloves for over 20 years.

I blame it on bad karma.  I think I deserved it for being too cavalier with the noobs at the other place.  My poor gloves, though... they paid for my sins.

Damn you, karma!

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Ooops, ouch, sorry.

And hi.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Cyberic

I fell many many times in my life, mostly when I was a baby, and later, as a young adult, when I was drunk.

Oh wait, you're talking "while running"... Nope. Never happened to me.

Glad you didn't hurt yourself more that a scratched knee...

StepbyStep-SH

Wish I could say I had never fallen while running, or that the casualty was just gloves. I have a special talent for falling while running ... and hurting, of all things, my face.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

I fell many many times in my life, mostly when I was a baby, and later, as a young adult, when I was drunk.

Oh wait, you're talking "while running"... Nope. Never happened to me.

Glad you didn't hurt yourself more that a scratched knee...

Liar. You fell on your first TM run.

Buel, you, cavalier? You're like the defender of the noobs over there.  The only people I saw you be a bit cynical with deserved it. We all have our moments on the forums. Hey, I've had more than a few myself... Sorry about the fall. Nothing you can do to repair the gloves?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Cyberic

Liar. You fell on your first TM run.

Oh yeah , forgot about that 

LRB

I tripped once while running (but didn't fall) for about 15 feet which was probably just as worse than just falling!

Speaking of 15 feet, that's about how high in there air the ipad I was carrying went last month when I slipped and fell while walking at work!

And now that I mentioned air, I was once slipped so badly on ice while walking that my feet went northbound!

happylily

I once fell while walking in a parking lot. I was on my way to some fancy concert, one winter. I had high heels and black skirt/pantyhose on. I slipped on the ice and I let out a girlie scream. People turned around, saw me down on my ass and laughed (the nerve...). My SO laughed as well. He's been paying for it ever since.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

It took me 10 years of running to fall my first time. I have fallen three times since then. Next time, I want to keep the streak of no falls.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Only one running fall. Faceplanted during a trail race. Bruised the crap out of my knee one week before a half marathon. This was on the easier/flat part of the course. Several people witnessed this.

Fell on the ice last week. Home inspector left the water on next door, there is a busted water line. It flowed down the sidewalk onto my driveway. I now have a lovely multi colored bruise and probably a reputation with the prospective neighbors for being a bitch. Their friend was checking on the place, I was pissed about falling, so asked if he was responsible. He told me he saw no ice on my driveway. So I basically told him he needed to get in contact with his friends because the situation was totally unacceptable & needed to be fixed immediately.

LRB

Several people witnessed this.

I fell once turning a corner while riding my bike in front of a line of cars waiting for the light to turn green.  It was a straight up ass splat too!

I just laid there looking up at the sky half laughing, half mortified like okay, that was bad.

FFS, I fall and hurt myself like it's my job.

Dave

Hip Redux

What is this, crack your knee day on the forum?  Stay upright, folks.

workinprogress11

What is this, crack your knee day on the forum?  Stay upright, folks.

I don't know why, but this made me laugh for 5 minutes.

As a habitual faller, you have my sympathy. I know the next time I go out after falling I'm super paranoid so be aware that could happen.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I fell once turning a corner while riding my bike in front of a line of cars waiting for the light to turn green.  It was a straight up ass splat too!

I just laid there looking up at the sky half laughing, half mortified like okay, that was bad.

Ive done the slow-mo splat off the bike many times. Back when i was mountain biking, it took some painful trial and error to find clipless pedals that i got along with.