Beginners and Beyond

2013 Race PR's : Which One Is More Important? (Read 326 times)

I'm torn between 5k and HM.  Those are the only distances I've raced so far.  Frankly, I hate running 5k's but I just have to keep trying to PR.  And I've only run one HM, last April.  Barring disaster, I should PR on my next one considerably.  And of course I'd like to see by just how much I can do so.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

joining the small 10K crowd. I did one in December and really liked the distance and would like to kill my next one Smile I will have "default" PRs in the half and 10 mile distance this year too but since both will be my first I have a hard time counting that as a true PR

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

From the Internet.

Tough call for me.  I feel like a slow poke and want the ever elusive sub-2:00 HM.

At the same time, I would love to go sub-25 on a 5K... I just find it hard to train for both at the same time.

Regardless, I will be chasing after both of those goals this year.

Same goals for me, though I voted for HM because as long as I finish one it's an automatic PR. I don't think I'll attempt another 5K PR until the fall, I'm still on the bench right now and won't be racing anything any time soon.

runmomto3boys

COME TO THE DARK SIDE!

I leave the shorter, fast stuff to you, MJ* - you OWN those races like no other!!!!   I'm looking SO forward to watching and seeing what you can do in 2013.  It's going to be pretty darn awesome, I'm certain of it!!!!

* although your aptitude at racing HMs is pretty ridic, for the record...

flarunner

I voted for the half marathon since that is the distance I like. My PR's were set back in the 90's and I don't think I'll ever get close to them again.

Canuck

I'd like to PR in the tune-up races I have during marathon training (a 15K, 2 HMs and a 10K) as I was able to do that last year, but the main goal is the marathon PR, which I'm hoping will be a BQ.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)