Beginners and Beyond

Okay SunDAILIES (Read 30 times)

LRB

'Sup?

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  10-15 miles for tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

If I wasn't already fat enough, I had cupcakes last night 

15 down and up miles.

Cyberic

12 miserable miles done. The sidewalks are slippery and uneven (snow and ice). It's cold. I was tired from the little sleep I had the night before. And my watch was in multi sport mode (never used that) so when I hit a button, it switched to "Transition" thinking I was getting out of the water and hopping on my bike or something, while I'm going 'WTFFFFFFFF..'!!!! I'm pressing buttons trying to figure out that stupid mode, with my big hands in that small zip hole in my jacket sleeve made to access my watch, because of course my watch's battery will go dead if I wear it on the outside of the jacket in this weather, and all that while still running on treacherous sidewalks...

So I cut the run short, and that's that.

Happy Football Day everyone..

8.1 miles at 8:32. Longest run since the marathon 2 months ago. Ran in the race shirt while I was at it, and in fact passed another runner wearing the same. Pacing continues to be faster than usual easy, presumably because my miles are so low.

25.1 for the week. A week ago I would have predicted a lot more than that, but 3 RD's to start the week will set you back. Hopefully able to keep building back up.

Also cracked 2300 for the year. If you told me when I hit 2000 in September this is where I'd be now, I'd be pretty disappointed. But if you told me in January, I'd be pretty happy about it. So despite the last couple months of crap, overall it's been a good year.

Have a good one.

Dave

workinprogress11

Also cracked 2300 for the year. If you told me when I hit 2000 in September this is where I'd be now, I'd be pretty disappointed. But if you told me in January, I'd be pretty happy about it. So despite the last couple months of crap, overall it's been a good year.

Have a good one.

I really like your perspective on this. The first part of my year was major suckage, but I made a strong comeback at the end, so taking a page from your philosophy, I will focus on that.   I'm glad you are doing so well!

6 miles for me today finishing up a really good week.

ETA- edited for being unable to type properly

From the Internet.

Hi dailies! 12.21, my longest long run ever. Felt great, thought briefly about going for 13 but opted to be smart and stop when I planned to.

Hi dailies! 12.21, my longest long run ever. Felt great, thought briefly about going for 13.1 but opted to be smart and stop when I planned to.

FYP. Because don't tell me you wouldn't have gone for that extra 0.1.

Nice job!

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

12.3 for me today

Marjorie

LRB

Any news on Jack?

B-Plus

Congrats Lauren! Next time you'll be ready for that 13 or 13.1.

From the Internet.

FYP. Because don't tell me you wouldn't have gone for that extra 0.1.

Nice job!

As soon as I hit post I thought about that, haha Smile I certainly would have, what's one or two more minutes after spending 2.5 hours on my feet?

LRB

Hi dailies! 12.21, my longest long run ever. Felt great, thought briefly about going for 13 but opted to be smart and stop when I planned to.

Excellent, recover well! 

LRB

...what's one or two more minutes after spending 2.5 hours on my feet?

A shit ton. That first one or two times anyway.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

1:37:03 in the HM and I am freakin' HAPPY with that!