Beginners and Beyond

Hello SATURDAY! (wake up) (Read 34 times)

delicate flower

'Morning, folks!  I got into WORK at 6:30 this morning, and while I'm not too thrilled about that, it is at most a minor inconvenience.  I've got to spend a few hours testing some system updates.  I'll run when I get out of here.  It's too damn cold to run outside right now anyway.

Check in, please.

<3

WORK

That's some serious bullshit right there.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Thanks for the thoughts, guys.  Much appreciated.

On my way to OTF, then Pilates and 6 miles total for the day at some point.  Hubby couldn't sleep so he already banged 11 miles this morning.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

That's some serious bullshit right there.

I am sure he is compensated handsomely, or at the very least, handsome and compensated.

I am sure he is compensated handsomely, or at the very least, handsome and compensated.

Enough to keep him in triathlon gear & registration fees, at least.

Dave

LRB

I'm feeling loopy from all of the drugs I've been taking this week for my stupid ugly face. Taking pain pills is not something I'm used to and quite honestly, I don't like it.

Blah.

Anyway, I'll try to stagger around the 'hood for an hour or so and hopefully will be able to call it a run.

LRB

Enough to keep him in triathlon gear & registration fees, at least.

That requires a seven figure salary. lol

That requires a seven figure salary. lol

For the food bill in that household alone.

Dave

Cyberic

Ran 20 miles in -4*F. I would not say it was fun. The holidays' constant cold has scrapped my tolerance to the cold, mentally I mean. Oh well, could be worse. Baboon has to WORK

GinnyinPA

For me it's the constant roller coaster from 40s to 20s to 40s to teens.  Every time we get an Arctic blast I hate it. It wouldn't be as bad if it stayed cold so I could get used to it, but when we have the springlike weather for a few days, 20 feels like a slap in the face.

onemile

Ran 20 miles in -4*F. I would not say it was fun. The holidays' constant cold has scrapped my tolerance to the cold, mentally I mean. Oh well, could be worse. Baboon has to WORK

20 miles is a long way to go in that cold

20 miles is a long way to go

Dave

sdWhiskers

8 miles on a hillier route. Love that this is my long run right now! I do not miss 20 milers, in the cold or hot.

Coastal

WORK - -that's a four letter word....

Decisions...  I need to do a hard (for me that is) leg/hip workout today and get in some really easy miles.  The best place is at the Y.  However, it isn't raining and it is supposed to rain tomorrow when I want to run outside....  Hmmm....  Probably should stick to the plan.

8 miles on a hillier route. Love that this is my long run right now! I do not miss 20 milers, in the cold or hot.

IK,R? Mine is 10. Which sadly is about to change.

Currently engaged in the usual weekend sitting around trying to work up the motivation to get my ass out the door.

Dave