Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES Wisdom (Read 35 times)

LRB

LRB

Yo.

After virtually not feeling a peep put of my heel for four days, it was back to soreness and mind fuck from the beginning of the day yesterday all the way to the end.

I just really don't know what to do at this point, but I know what I'm gonna do; RUN. You can remind me of how stupid it was later.

#FTS

See ya!

From the Internet.

Me irl.

10 miles done, with a weird progression - scary woods near the beginning and a long hill messed me up. The effort was there so I guess that's what counts!

No more marathons

SRD

Will stop at gym on way home to get an orientation session on all the equipment.

Might run a mile on the treadmill just to see how my vivoactive handles it.  If it (or me) is going to screw up I'd rather know now rather than when I've got a scheduled 11 miles and there is snow on the ground.

LRB - that really sux about the heel pain.  I had that "stepping on rocks" pain that comes with a metatarsal neuroma but found a solution after a visit to a podiatrist.  Still slowed me down right in the middle of my second first marathon training.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

LRB, I hope the run went well.  Or, at least didn't make the heel worse.

I ran 4 miles in foggy mist.  It was just mid 30s this morning, so not nearly as pleasant as the last few days.  But, I liked it anyway.  I'm still at the grateful stage.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

Hello!!  I'm tired.  Tempo run tonight.

<3

Cyberic

Good morning!

LRB, I hope the run went well.  Or, at least didn't make the heel worse.

I ran 4 miles in foggy mist.  It was just mid 30s this morning, so not nearly as pleasant as the last few days.  But, I liked it anyway.  I'm still at the grateful stage.

Have a great day folks!

A 5 day streak now (yesterday I did not see the hole on the 30th). Good stuff, P_R.

I will run. The plan is to go run intervals on the indoor track with the running club tonight. I'm not part of the club, but know many of runners and coaches. The track is going to be crowded, so I'm not sure, but it would (will) be nice to socialize with runners.

Cyberic

After virtually not feeling a peep put of my heel for four days, it was back to soreness and mind fuck from the beginning of the day yesterday all the way to the end.

I just really don't know what to do at this point, but I know what I'm gonna do; RUN. You can remind me of how stupid it was later.

That sucks. What helps me is that my work consists of sitting on my butt all day, so it saves my foot. You don't have that luxury, it seems.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 miles tonight.

LRB, that's why I ran through it.  The pain never got better with rest so FTS.  (For heel fat pad syndrome, not for other kind of heel pain).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Blerg. About 3 hrs of sleep last night. Felt like falling asleep on the drive to the gym. Went out in high-teens windchill and busted out 11 with 6 tempo anyway. I am really going to want a nap today.

Dave

LRB

I ran 4 in a wind chill of frozen nuts for a run that short!

I guess the biggest thing was knowing that running wasn't necessarily causing the pain at work. Having proved that yesterday, I'll run gingerly so long as doing so doesn't exacerbate it.

LRB

Morning!  I have 6 miles tonight.

LRB, that's why I ran through it.  The pain never got better with rest so FTS.  (For heel fat pad syndrome, not for other kind of heel pain).

Yeah I basically stopped running the other week because I was in pain. I looked at pad heel fat syndrome (or whatever the hell it is lol) and it seems you have to rule everything else out in order to diagnose it. I'm not at the point where I think I need to go in and do that yet though, so yes, I'l try running so long as it doesn't hurt.

LRB

That sucks. What helps me is that my work consists of sitting on my butt all day, so it saves my foot. You don't have that luxury, it seems.

I sit, drive (more sitting), stand and walk in almost equal parts during my work day. I think one of the things I noticed yesterday was the way my foot is positioned while driving (it's the right foot) all day. It was hurting and I changed the position of it and it stopped, so I've been mindful of staying out of the way I normally have it today.

Docket_Rocket

Yeah I basically stopped running the other week because I was in pain. I looked at pad heel fat syndrome (or whatever the hell it is lol) and it seems you have to rule everything else out in order to diagnose it. I'm not at the point where I think I need to go in and do that yet though, so yes, I'l try running so long as it doesn't hurt.

Or ask Marjorie and she will tell you before you even consider other choices...

My car is still not fucking ready, sigh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

So it has been feeling okay running but hurting the rest of the day?