Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins Like To Ease On Down The Road! (Read 27 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

I hope everyone is well. Busy, busy, busy...

I am doing an easy six miles later tonight while DD is at swim practice. I now have another huge knot in my calf. It is torture to roll it. I also use a softball on it. Man, that thing hurts! My only other option is to go to the massage therapist. He is very sadistic but he always solves my problems.

Have a good day.

From the Internet.

Hi guys! RD today, feeling sleepy/congested and my wrist has been bothering me so no weights for at least the next few days Sad Shin feels a little tight, I've been doing some strengthening exercises, so I'm also probably not going to try to run again for another few days. Just walking around at work in the new shoes to get used to them. I'll be doing a lot of swimming and pool running over the next week so I don't go crazy!

I'm so jealous of the nice weather Surprised 34F, a good 3 inches of slush on the ground and still raining here. Blech. Not a fan of this "winter" business.

Kristin - oof, hope you're able sleep better tonight to make up for it. GL with the treadmill run.

Jack - I have a knot in my calf that's FINALLY going away after a good 2 weeks or so- I don't know where it came from since I haven't been running! Hope you get rid of yours quickly.

SheCan

Morning Penguins!

Damaris-  I haven't read your report yet, but will shortly.  Good lord, girl, you are my hero with all your marathons.

Philliefan-  Dead  Sorry you're feeling sick.  It doesn't sound like you missed both your runs if you did 5 on the TM last night.  You're a trooper.  Hope you feel better for your run tonight.

Scotty-- 95*?  Really?  Did you really have to go there?

Zelanie-  great job on the race this weekend!  And your legs looked so strong in your pics!

Dave I haven't read your RR yet, but I'm guessing you were super, speedy quick.  I'll read it soon.

Hopesmom-- ugh@ another one sick.  Hope you're feeling well soon, too.

Lauren-- hang in there.  Hopefully spring is around the corner for you soon.

I did a long run of over 12 on Sunday.  I think it was a bit much, so I've decided to have an almost non-existent, extreme light week this week.  Didn't run this yesterday, won't today, and may not again until I race on Saturday.  I've had another extreme taper before and it really worked for me.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

GinnyinPA

Seems to be cold season - I guess our bodies can't decide whether it's winter or spring either.  I hope you all get better soon.

Damaris - welcome home.  I hope your ultra goes well, with all the heat.  At least you're used to it as it's been such a warm winter for you.

Scotty - your trail sounds wonderful.  I haven't found any place good for long runs near my house.  That's why I enjoy the trail runs when we're traveling so much.

Bin - hope the recovery runs helped.  Were you sore after your hard pace yesterday?

Kristin - I don't usually mind the TM, but it is definitely different from running outside.

Jack - hope you manage to get the knot to ease, though a good massage sounds nice.

Lauren - I sometimes find myself hurting more when I don't exercise than when I do.  The nice thing about having a large dog is I have to walk a couple of miles every day - which does help.

Cherie - I hope the long taper works for you.

Awood - sleeping more before your race is a good idea.  Hard to do well when you're tired.

Jerry - agreed, that's too cold to run outside.  Enjoy your rest day.

Zelanie - hope the tempo run goes well.

Dave - sounds like lovely weather for a run.  Have fun.

AFM:  we had about 2 inches of snow last night, but it is melting fast.  The streets are slushy but the sun is shining so I am very tempted to do my run outside.  I don't mind wet feet, as long as I don't do too much slipping and sliding.

Docket_Rocket

Work has been crazy!!!!  I want out!

Wait....

Hope the penguins are faring better than me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Work has been crazy!!!!  I want out!

Wait....

Hope the penguins are faring better than me.

move to texas. we dont need to work. we just chill

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Sloooow.

Gustav- Best of luck on your new plan!

Bin- Good job on your 3

Docket- Hope your work day goes quickly. I was thinking of you on Sunday, while I was typing out legal papers, lol.

Philliefan- Sorry to hear you have been sick. Hopefully the rest weekend will prove beneficial in the long run?

Scotty- Sounds like a beautiful place to run, I'm jealous. It's no fun (for me) watching the weather heat up, I've been dreading summer and the temps are sneaking up on me.

Awood- I approve of more sleeping Wink

Jerry- Enjoy your rest day!

Kristin- I couldn't function on 4 either, sorry you had a rough night Sad Hope you manage to get your run in tonight.

Zelanie- Good luck with your 8!

Dave- I'm actually kind of glad you took a rest day, lol. Rest is good!

HopesMom- Get well soon. Lingering sickness is awful.

Jack- As scary as that sounds, maybe giving the sadistic MT a go would be the best. Hope your 6 goes well.

Lauren- Seems like there's a lot of lurgy going around, hope you feel better soon!

Cherie- With all the miles you put in, a light week does seem beneficial. Hope it works for you!

Ginny- Hope the outdoor run works out, no slipping!

AFM, guess it's a SRD. In that sick with worry stage so I'm just going to mope around. I'm aiming for April 1st to be my return to running day. I think other than the obvious, the break from running will give my legs a chance to heal. The shin splints from my bad fitting shoes never went away, but didn't get worse either. I might aim for 3-4 miles the night before surgery, to try and pound out some nerves.

Docket_Rocket

LOL.  I do those every day.  Today, not so much.  I had 434 emails pending, 4 voicemails, 3 new cases, and more.  I even sent an email to the whole office with I QUIT.  I do this from time to time.

Gustav- Best of luck on your new plan!

Bin- Good job on your 3

Docket- Hope your work day goes quickly. I was thinking of you on Sunday, while I was typing out legal papers, lol.

Philliefan- Sorry to hear you have been sick. Hopefully the rest weekend will prove beneficial in the long run?

Scotty- Sounds like a beautiful place to run, I'm jealous. It's no fun (for me) watching the weather heat up, I've been dreading summer and the temps are sneaking up on me.

Awood- I approve of more sleeping Wink

Jerry- Enjoy your rest day!

Kristin- I couldn't function on 4 either, sorry you had a rough night Sad Hope you manage to get your run in tonight.

Zelanie- Good luck with your 8!

Dave- I'm actually kind of glad you took a rest day, lol. Rest is good!

HopesMom- Get well soon. Lingering sickness is awful.

Jack- As scary as that sounds, maybe giving the sadistic MT a go would be the best. Hope your 6 goes well.

Lauren- Seems like there's a lot of lurgy going around, hope you feel better soon!

Cherie- With all the miles you put in, a light week does seem beneficial. Hope it works for you!

Ginny- Hope the outdoor run works out, no slipping!

AFM, guess it's a SRD. In that sick with worry stage so I'm just going to mope around. I'm aiming for April 1st to be my return to running day. I think other than the obvious, the break from running will give my legs a chance to heal. The shin splints from my bad fitting shoes never went away, but didn't get worse either. I might aim for 3-4 miles the night before surgery, to try and pound out some nerves.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Sloooow.

LOL.  I do those every day.  Today, not so much.  I had 434 emails pending, 4 voicemails, 3 new cases, and more.  I even sent an email to the whole office with I QUIT.  I do this from time to time.

Sounds miserable! I don't know how people like you do it. We paid a company to prepare all the forms, after more than a week of waiting, they show up with a bunch of errors and spelling mistakes. It was easier and quicker for me to type it out, than call and get them to correct it.

SheCan

Thanks, Coralie!   Didn't you race this past weekend?  Maybe I'm blind; did you put up a RR?  If not, how'd you do?

Docket-  omgosh, i figured you'd be going somewhere else for your ultra, and with them starting it at 10:00 in that Miami heat, UGH!!!! Then again, somehow you manage to always finish them no matter what.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Docket_Rocket

Hehe, I wish I had a secretary.  I do everything myself.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Ok, so I got my little walk down to the printer done, since it was 57 outside.  A very nice day, and a slightly longer walk than I was hoping for -- my knee tightened up a little toward the end of it, but I sort of had to keep trekking back to the lab at that point.  So short walks for the next couple of days, until I have to hike down to the printer on Friday to pick up the brochures!

And I just found out I have quartet practice tonight -- I thought it was tomorrow night!  Glad the others sent me a schedule and reminder!  Blush

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Sloooow.

Thanks, Coralie!   Didn't you race this past weekend?  Maybe I'm blind; did you put up a RR?  If not, how'd you do?

Docket-  omgosh, i figured you'd be going somewhere else for your ultra, and with them starting it at 10:00 in that Miami heat, UGH!!!! Then again, somehow you manage to always finish them no matter what.

I didn't put a RR up. I did really well! My previous PR was 37:20, and I got 34:39. And that was with walking twice as the strong sun completely drained me. I don't think I will do anymore races until Fall, I just can't tolerate the heat at all.

GinnyinPA

Coralie - I think your idea of a good run before the surgery is a good one.  It should help with the nerves.  Have you talked to your doctor about what kind of exercise you can do while recovering?

Damaris - the worst part of vacation is coming home to play catch up with all the work that has accumulated while gone.  It always makes me eager to go away again.  I get pretty growly for a few days.

Hopesmom - what did you do to your knee?  I missed that while I was on the road.

My run didn't go well.  After 5 weeks of flat walking and running in Florida, I had a really hard time with the hills.  I picked the flattest route I could, but it still supposedly had 528' of up and down. (Is the mapping software on this site accurate?  Seems a bit high.) I couldn't find a comfortable pace and my mind fought my body (or vice versa) all the way.  I cut it short when I started to get dizzy.  Still did 6 1/2 miles, but that was at least two miles short of my goal.  I'm feeling really frustrated, as it seems that every time I try to get beyond 6 miles, it's a disaster.  OTOH, I came home to find crocuses peeking out from under the snow.  Daffodils are about to bloom and the miniature iris are all out.  Spring is coming.

Docket_Rocket

CoralieT, great job!

Ginny, grumpy, I am.

Hope's Mom, how is your knee?

Damaris

Fundraising Page