Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins Like To Ease On Down The Road! (Read 27 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Ginny, it's a flare-up of runner's knee.  And Damaris, my knee is grumpy, but not shrieking.  Drugs are my friend.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

SheCan

Great job, Coralie!   That's quite a PR.   I totally feel you on the sun.   I may get annoyed with the cold, but heat is a total killer to me also.  Good luck with your upcoming surgery!

Ginny- Welcome home!   You'll get back into the groove of things soon.  You may just have to slow your pace a bit until your body is used to the hills again.  Over 500' of elevation change over that short of distance is a huge change from pancake flat Florida.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

move to texas. we dont need to work. we just chill

Word!  - - http://www.hilariousgifs.com/dog-is-happy/

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Sloooow.

Just heard from the first person who runs, and has had the prosthesis I may be having. She said she's back to running 5 months after surgery (!!!!!!). I think I'll just keep the deaf ear lol.

Docket_Rocket

Good luck!

Just heard from the first person who runs, and has had the prosthesis I may be having. She said she's back to running 5 months after surgery (!!!!!!). I think I'll just keep the deaf ear lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Well, I'm going to try to go get my run in.  Then, I have to pack for a short business trip, and do a quarterly projection.  Throw the beginnings of a sore throat on top of it all, and I'm just having a peachy day.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Mmmmm...beer

6.3 easy miles done, time for some Hobbit. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Zelanie

Got my run in, and now I see why the paces seemed slow.  Just because the legs feel fine on a recovery run doesn't mean they really want to run HMP pace again so soon.  But in the end I think it was the good kind of hard.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

7 miles done and it felt pretty good. That's a relief...