Beginners and Beyond

My mom's PASTA COOKBOOK! (Read 99 times)

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

You guys!  I forgot to mention that my mom published a pasta cookbook a few days ago.  It's her 6th cookbook (7 if you include coauthorship).  Really, really good recipes, many of them healthy and low fat, as that's the natural tendency of classical Italian cooking.  There's also a chapter that includes chocolate pasta variations.  Yes, more than one type of chocolate pasta.

In the name of carbloading, please check it out.  Also, you can find her Twitter @francinesegan.

http://www.amazon.com/Pasta-Modern-Inspired-Recipes-Italy/dp/1617690627/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380407496&sr=8-1&keywords=pasta+modern

I'm so proud of her.  Also, as personal tester of recipes, let me recommend the 'Cheapskate Pasta' (nuts and raisins and tomato in pasta, very tasty and easy) and also most of the recipes from the seafood chapter.  Also pasta sushi.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

WOW that's great!  Congratulate her for us Smile

happylily

You come from a family of very talented people, Scap. That explains you. Smile The book looks beautiful. I love pasta. I will have to put this book on my Christmas list of gifts.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

meaghansketch

Congratulations to your mom!  That book looks really neat.

I've decided to try to make my own pasta for the first time this week-- all I want for carb-loading is homemade pasta and I figure there's no time like the present to teach myself how to make it.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Way to go, Mom!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

I've decided to try to make my own pasta for the first time this week-- all I want for carb-loading is homemade pasta and I figure there's no time like the present to teach myself how to make it.

A store here makes it daily which has spared me the carnage that would surely ensue were I to attempt my faves mushroom and spinach stuffed ravioli!

Pasta works excellent for carb loading though, as does rice and potatoes yum!

Hip Redux

Growing up eye-talian means I got a lot of homemade, fresh pasta of all types.

The irony is now I can't eat gluten without it making me sick.

But congrats to your mom, Scap, that's really cool!

Docket_Rocket

Nice.  Thanks for sharing!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Growing up eye-talian means I got a lot of homemade, fresh pasta of all types.

The irony is now I can't eat gluten without it making me sick.

But congrats to your mom, Scap, that's really cool!

http://www.glutenfreemarketplace.ca/Felicetti-Rice-Corn-Spaghetti_p_267.html  ?  I just tried this type (it's new from the company) and it's dangerously tasty.

Thanks, guys!  Happylily, you make me blush.  Smile  That was so nice to hear.

Village people

That is so cool!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

A pasta cookbook? Mom's talkin' my language!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Just like Happylilly, it's going on my Christmas list since I usually prepare the dinners in my family.  Congrats to your mother!

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

LRB

Had a chance to look it over and a few of her other ones, impressive!

Say, weren't you in one of her books?  As a kid perhaps?

What time should we be at your mom's house for Sunday dinner?

Dave

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

@DaveP, I don't know if you live in the area, but actually, my mom does lectures with food samples all across the country.  Where are you located?  I can let you know if she'll be giving a talk with food around there.

Had a chance to look it over and a few of her other ones, impressive!

Say, weren't you in one of her books?  As a kid perhaps?

LRB, There is a picture of me in Italy in one of the books, and a picture of my brother and his girlfriend in the pasta book, because they helped her make some ravioli.  My brother is a computer programmer and very meticulous, so he was amusingly OCD about the quality of his ravioli.

But you're probably thinking of the book for which I was child model:

The sad part of that story was that I actually thought I got to keep the kitten.