Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: Now Playing At A Theater Near You (Read 56 times)

LRB

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD Cool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

LRB

And coming this Summer...

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Dailies!

I don't know if I'll be getting any snow in my area but I scored two bottles of red wine and a box of dark chocolate sea salt caramels just in case I get snowed in!

Ran 3 miles yesterday.

Y'all have fun at the movies!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

@runjerseygirl

Those are great, Rick!  The "Done in 60 Seconds" got me!  LMAO!

3 miles for me today.  Probably on the TM, as it's raining already.  Snow should start later.  We were looking at 2-4 inches yesterday morning.  Now we're in the 8-12 inch range.  Ugh.

So, with that in mind, I give you your Friday morning pick-me-up:

Do you even run?

delicate flower

Gluten Morningstein!  Big day today...8:00 appointment this morning where I get the dressing taken off my leg and then I finally get to shower yada yada yada knee knee knee.

I hear it's gonna snow.

<3

flarunner

Mornin' Kidlets!

Did 5 miles easy this morning. No snow, no cold, no 'wicked stahm'.

Stay safe and warm all you Northerners!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Supposed to get a mix of snow and rain this morning turning to rain this afternoon, so I'll be running in a cold rain. No snow accumulation until overnight with 1-3" expected.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good Friday morning dailies.

just finished up 5.5 miles.

For those of you facing snow today, sorry.  Stay warm and safe.

it is a nice morning on the Georgia coast.  50*, breezy, a light misting rain.  Perfect running weather this morning.  Cool

Y'all come see us.

Running for TJ because he can't.

No snow here in central Illinois, so those in the path of "Nemo" be safe ! SRD for me.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

SRD for me today. Made it to 8:30pm yoga last night. So even if it snows a ton I don't need to worry about getting my weekly yoga in! Funny thing happened on the walk home from yoga... they were filming the show Mob Wives at a restaurant a few blocks away, and the Mob Wives came barreling out of the restaurant just as I was walking by, followed by a camera man, and no one saw me in my shortness and I was almost trampled by the women and knocked in the head with the camera. They had to reshoot the take of the women walking out of the restaurant cuz of me...lol.

Stay safe and warm those who are getting this storm!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

StepbyStep-SH

Stay safe and warm if you are in the storm's path!

USRD for me - today I pay for my transgression of going too fast yesterday on the indoor track. Apparently 320 right-hand turns at the speed aren't good for the inside ankle. I don't think it's serious, but a little sore, so rather than slide around on snow, which had been today's plan, I'll take today off. I had hoped to run the route of Saturday's race, just to see how bad the roads are.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hi dailies:

Enjoy the snow if you get any.

Last night, 8.5 fartlek, 7:20 pace.  Short recovery run on tap for today.

Nevrgivup

Its a snow day. Looks like I won't be able to get my swim in this am as they have closed every building and school department to think of in preparation for the storm. I'll run a few recovery miles on the TM later today. As much as I hate a lot of snow, I'm kind-of excited for it as we haven't really gotten a big snow storm in a few years. Stay safe all.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

runmomto3boys

12 miles tonight.

Rick, you da man.

Nice three-miler yesterday.

Kay, try to enjoy your TM run.

Baboon, good luck!

flarunner, sweet five.

Robert, beautiful five-miler in beautiful weather.

Scott, enjoy your SRD.

kristin10185, have a relaxing and refreshing SRD.

Shari, I hope that your ankle feels better.

Shirfan, have a great recovery run.

Hilary , enjoy your TM run.

Heidi, have a great twelve-mile run.

I missed y'all yesterday. It was hectic. I managed to do forty-five minutes on the ArcTrainer and push-ups before work and weights and abs after work.

I have no work today. School is closed. I'll do three or four recovery-paced miles on the TM. Hill repeats? I don't know. First, I'm waiting for the water to finish boiling, so it can cool and I can make my saline solution for a nasal rinse. I'm starting to feel paranoi about staying healthy and injury-free for my first marathon.

Tapering begins on Sunday. I'll be past the finish line in six weeks. Oh, I just rented a studio apartment for my stay. More privacy and cheaper overallSmile