Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: Now Playing At A Theater Near You (Read 56 times)

Luke79

Morning Dailies.  SRD.  Stay warm and dry guys, if you can.

Chairman

Just finished 11. Got out early enough that the first 5 miles were pretty dry. Then the snow started. By the time I got home, there was a nice coating on the road. Man, I hate running in snow. Give me rain any day.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Nice run scrape. I agree with you on running in snow. It gets old, fast.

I've got some MP miles on tap for later.

BruceD555

Morning All...

LRB - Darn it, now ya went and made me hungry for wings!

Gustav1 - Sounds like you're ready  ... I'm about sick of snow around here (9 days in a row of accumulation) Good job on the 3 yesterday.

KayPS - Where's the coffee woman!! Enjoy your 3 on the TM later on.

Baboon - Any of those movie titles sounding good to you by now? Good to hear you've reached "shower stage" of the mending.

flarunner - That doesn't sound fair ... no snow, no storm ... at least make up some story about being attacked by seagulls or something. Good job on knocking out those 5 miles already.

wcrunner2 - Running in snow is OK ... running in cold rain, not so much. I'd say enjoy but I'm not quite certain that's even possible. How about enjoy your hot beverage of choice afterwards?

Robert31320 - Excellent job on finishing up 5.5 this morning already. Ahh, Georgia makes sense. I figured you were on the east coast since you always seem to get in a really early run. I agree, 50 sounds perfect right now!

Sparker1606 - Enjoy that SRD.

kristin10185 - That's too funny about almost making a cameo appearance in Mob Wives. Enjoy that SRD today.

StepbyStep-SH - Sorry to hear of your USRD but good choice on listening to your body after the track work.

Shirfan - Nice pace on the fartlek 8.5 last night! Hope you have a good recovery run this evening.

Nevrgivup - Bummer on the missed swim but enjoy your snow day recovery miles on the TM.

runmomto3boys - Sheesh, only 12 ... wimp! Seriously, have a great run tonight and try to not embarrass too many guys as you continuously lap them.

BasyaSpiliakos - <Shatner_Voice> Must ... fight ... taper ... madness. </Shatner_Voice> Enjoy your recovery run on the TM and stay safe with the storm.

I finally got to run outside last night (after two days stuck on the mill) and it was a Slush-o-rama snow-fest that was simply awesome. The wind was blowing and the icy snow made it feel like running in a frozen sandblaster (at least as I would imagine that to feel). I got in 6 recovery miles with about 2.5 through untracked 3-4" deep snow/slush/ice. Good workout and though it wasn't much of a physical recovery run it certainly was mentally. I have 11 miles planned for this evening.

Train smart ... race smarter.

@runjerseygirl

What's the matter, Bruce?  You don't want tequila?  Sad

Okay, here you go.

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Those pictures are a trip!  Thanks, LRB!

I have a 6 mile recovery run later.  Maybe weights.  The lack of breathing had me so exhausted last night I fell asleep in front of the computer.  Thankfully, a kitty slapped me back awake and I was able to get to bed.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning guys.

5 done pre-dawn. I ran them with a heavy heart because right before I went out I checked my phone. My mom had texted me at 3am (11pm her time - she lives in Alaska) saying that my aunt (her sister) passed away unexpectedly. She didn't call because it was so late, and I wouldn't have heard my phone anyway since I keep it downstairs in the living room. I haven't seen my aunt in 15 years but I'm devastated for my mom, my uncles, and my cousins.

LRB

Supp Clique!

I combined the myrtle exercises with 15 minutes of front/rear monsters walks, and side shuffles on the treadmill.  All done with the blue resistance band. 

These are two separate routines that normally take an hour a piece, so I did not do the myrtle exercises that work the front hip flexor (donkey kicks, linear leg swing and linear leg swing with a bent knee),  but this condensed version was pretty effective.   I also did standing side lunges and single leg squats.

I will probably do this again but give it a little more time, like 70 minutes.  As it is, I finished it all up with some good stretches, and that's how the story goes, hokey pokey!

Good morning all.  Took an URD yesterday after taking a tumble out of the bleachers at my daughters vball practice. Left ankle had some sharp pain, but today that is gone so it's all good. 7 miles scheduled for later.  All those in the path of snow, prepare for some serious xtraining LOL.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I am so sorry April Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Pinktastic

Good Friday Morning!!

I am sooooo glad that today is Friday!   Seems like I’ve been on conference calls every waking minute of every day this week, and I am ready for some no talking on the phone time!

LRB – You have such a great sense of humor!   Thanks for starting us off to a Pinksational Friday!   That sounds like a great strengthening routine!   Have a superb day!

Gustav – Sounds like you’re set if the weather gets bad, and I like your priorities for what you need in case of storm!   Great job on yesterday’s 3!

Kay – Have a great run today!   Stay safe and warm if the storm hits your area!

Phil – Good luck at the doctor this morning!   Be careful in the snow – don’t want to slip and hurt the other knew that you’re moving toward your comeback…..

Flarunner – Nice run this morning!   Have a wonderful day!

George – How far are you going in the cold rain?   Hopefully this will be a shorter run for you since those conditions aren’t good.   Be careful!

Robert – Fabulous run this morning!   In North Texas, we’re at 50* this morning as well, and you’re right that is good running weather!

Scott – Have a great day!

Kristin10185 – Based on the weather forecast, I think you made the right decision to go to yoga last night.   Enjoy your SRD today!

Shari – Sorry that your ankle is sore this morning!   I think you’re making a wise decision to rest.   What race are you running on Saturday?

Jay – I cannot say this enough – you are freaking fast!!   Wow!   Hope your recovery run goes well later!   What’s a “short” run for you?

Hilary – Sorry that you’re not able to get your swim in today.   Have a great run later!

Heidi – 12 miles would almost be a long run for me, but I’m sure you’ll knock it out of the park!   Enjoy your run!!

Basya – Nice job getting your workouts in on such a hectic day!   I hope that you can make today’s day off a refreshing and relaxing one!!   I feel like I’m counting down to your trip and race with you - I am so excited for you!

Luke – Have a great rest day!   I read about your run yesterday – way to get it done!!

Scrape. – Nice job getting in 11 so early in the morning!   That’s awesome!

Fuzzy – I hope your MP miles go well today!!

Bruce – I’m glad you were able to get outside for yesterday’s run.   Those conditions sound treacherous and / or injury-inducing though.   Have a great 11 later!

Damaris – I hope your asthma is doing better than it has been the last few days!   Enjoy your run tonight, and have a wonderful day!

April – I am so very sorry for your loss!!   I’m sending you hugs and prayers.   You may not have seen your aunt in recent years, but I hope the warm memories you have of her bring you and your family comfort.    Nice job with the 5 miles this morning!

I got in 4.51 this morning before work.   This morning was the nicest weather we've had all week.   And, since it was a little cooler and less humid this morning, I pushed myself to a 9.34 average pace, and even had one mile that was < 9:00 m/m.   I'm very happy about this one!

Have a Pinktacular Friday!   I hope it goes by quickly for y'all!!   And, may your next run strengthen you physically and mentally!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Pinktastic

C0de - Glad that the fall from the bleachers didn't cause any major damage!   Hope your 7 today are lucky for you!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

@runjerseygirl

Morning guys.

5 done pre-dawn. I ran them with a heavy heart because right before I went out I checked my phone. My mom had texted me at 3am (11pm her time - she lives in Alaska) saying that my aunt (her sister) passed away unexpectedly. She didn't call because it was so late, and I wouldn't have heard my phone anyway since I keep it downstairs in the living room. I haven't seen my aunt in 15 years but I'm devastated for my mom, my uncles, and my cousins.

I just saw this April.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. <3

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Very sorry to hear this.

Morning guys.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning B&B! Got in a solid 7+ miles this morning on the faster side of easy at a avg pace of 8;10. legs really felt like moving this morning which surprised me after yesterday's tempo run. Busy weekend with family. Good luck to anyone racing.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???