Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 30 times)

Cyberic

Wassuuuuuuuup!

Cyberic

Ran a little over 10.

Screwed up with the workout programming (forgot to put 6 reps). So I had to improvise. Alternated between 10K pace and MP for two laps around the park.

From the Internet.

TAPER TAPER TAPER TAPER

23 miles done. First 13ish with friends, nice and easy and flew by taking the whole way; bumped up to moderate effort over the last 10 alone. Finished feeling strong, now to get this fatigue out of my legs!

delicate flower

1:38:56 half marathon.  LOL I had nothing.  Gassed from the word go.  If this was a football game, I lost 56-3.  2 AG though won me a nice winter hat and a custom cookie.  Score!!

<3

LRB

I ran 8.

I was tired but it didn't suck for a change.

Cyberic

1:38:56 half marathon.  LOL I had nothing.  Gassed from the word go.  If this was a football game, I lost 56-3.  2 AG though won me a nice winter hat and a custom cookie.  Score!!

It happens. You still managed to score, though. #winning

Cyberic

Just to remind you guys that I have it tough

https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a20855134/great-marathoners-over-six-feet-tall-are-rare/

Not saying I'm a great marathoner, but I still thing the reasoning in the article applies to non elites.

Docket_Rocket

Ran 6 outside in my new neighborhood.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

Ran 6 outside in my new neighborhood.

Awesome!

Weather report?

Well that kind of sucks, but it happens. Nice though to totally tank a race and get 2 AG. First world runner problems. I guess that cookie was the field goal with the opponent’s third stringers on the field?

5 miles.

Anyone else having problems syncing their Garmins to the phone app? Usually goes right away, but the last few days it’s been touchy. Doesn’t sync at first even though it shows connected, then eventually does.

Dave

sdWhiskers

15 miles with RP along the beach in the rain. 2 x 3 miles at not as fast as coach wanted but oh well. Was passed on an uphill by a unicycle 

Turns out I would not have made a good steepler.  Hurdled a guard rail in the dark early on and have a huge bruise above my knee.

Cyberic

Anyone else having problems syncing their Garmins to the phone app? Usually goes right away, but the last few days it’s been touchy. Doesn’t sync at first even though it shows connected, then eventually does.

Have not noticed anything unusual.

15 miles with RP along the beach in the rain. 2 x 3 miles at not as fast as coach wanted but oh well. Was passed on an uphill by a unicycle 

That is some bizarre shit. California.

What type of pace was coach targeting? I am thinking about a 2x3 workout for next week.

Dave

sdWhiskers

That is some bizarre shit. California.

What type of pace was coach targeting? I am thinking about a 2x3 workout for next week.

Pace should have been 9:20 which is I think too aggressive MP at this point. It felt more like HMP.

LRB

Have not noticed anything unusual.