Beginners and Beyond

Just set that down next to the Thursdailies (Read 314 times)

Luke79

8 mile bike + 3 mile run.  Good times Smile

Misty

8 mile bike + 3 mile run.  Good times Smile

He's a brick...house....

Yeah, that doesn't really work.

Nice brick though Smile

Misty

Bless your heart.

Luke79

He's a brick...house....

Yeah, that doesn't really work.

Nice brick though Smile

Thanks Misty.  Bricks are seriously my favorite thing to do right now.  I was only about 1/2 mile into the run part and I felt Nirvana already Smile  Honestly, I self-actualize frequently while running, but never biking.

not lazy, just tired

Evening all! Skied again today and spent time with the boot fitter in the afternoon. Wish ski boots were as easy to get fitted as running shoes on my poor misshapen feet. So tired know. Running tomorrow.

Not if it makes sense.

6 easy miles for me this afternoon.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

runmomto3boys

Luke: Nice running/biking there!!

Paula: Great work on the 6 today!!

14 miles done at 8:35 pace.  I had a pretty upset stomach for most of the run, so it kind of sucked.

workinprogress11

I'm so easily confused.  I don't know where to post anymore Roll eyes  I guess I'll post here today.  Maybe I'll alternate or something.

12 miles today.  7 at lunch and 5 after work.  With the sun going down so early it's difficult for me to figure out a good schedule as running in the dark has never worked out well for me with the falling and scrapes and bruises and all.  I took off Monday, Tuesday and yesterday because my old body needed a rest after a long stretch of marathon training and two marathons within a month.  Also, my ankle has been bothering me a bit.  Today's runs both felt great other than the ankle still hurting a little.  I'm hoping it's just the fact that my shoes are about done and nothing more sinister that's affecting my ankle.  

Has anyone tried the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 13s yet?  I think I might retire my 11s and give the 13s a try.

meaghansketch

Had a great workout this evening-- 8 hill repeats with my team.  Counting an extended warmup and cooldown, nearly 9 miles in total.  

Heidi- Nice run, too bad about the stomach upset.  

workinprogress- Nice job on the double.  Know what you mean about the sun going down early; I got a headlamp which I have to say helps a lot, but I would still much rather run when the sun is up.  No help on the shoes, I switched from the Adrenalines a couple models ago.

Hi dailies:

Scotty - you seem to be a deer magnet, you should charge hunters for your company

SIAR - maybe next time on that Powerball Wink

D - good luck, playing any poker or blackjack while you're out there?

Heidi and Work - nice distance

7 miles at 7:01 pace.  I had intended a MLR, but the poo monster caught me...  twice.  Thank goodness for cover of darkness and small thickets of woods.  Called it a night at the earliest possible juncture.  Spicy peanuts as an afternoon snack, never again.

LRB

I'm so easily confused.  I don't know where to post anymore Roll eyes  I guess I'll post here today.  Maybe I'll alternate or something.

You are not alone, a lot of people are torn.  It's cool, whatever you decide you or anyone else will always be welcome here. 

Our forum may have been destroyed, but we are not going to let it destroy friendships. 

Misty

I got my last run in. 4 miles with strides. It was alright.

Misty

Bless your heart.

LRB

I got my last run in. 4 miles with strides. It was alright.

Awesome!  Good luck on your race!  Seems like we've been waiting on it forever!

runmomto3boys

I'm excited for you, Misty!!!!  BIG DAY!!!!!!  Good luck!

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

You will kill it, Misty!! So I was supposed to run this morning, but used my running time to work on a paper that was due this evening. To keep my streak alive, I ran a couple of laps around the block to keep my streak going. Day 9 completed...although does it even count if your mileage totally sucks? anyway, it's almost December...new month, renewed vigor...I hope.

Misty

Yes, 18 weeks is forever in race years. I'm never doing another cycle longer than 12 weeks.

Thanks everyone!

Misty

Bless your heart.