Beginners and Beyond

This is not the Penguin thread you're looking for. (Read 23 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Almost 11:00 and no Penguin thread?  I have no idea what holidays are today, so you'll have to wait for Scottydog.

I engaged in a little retail therapy yesterday -- I bought sweats for DH, ordered shea butter, vanilla, a lemon bar mix, scheduled a hair appointment, I'm working on scheduling a massage, and today hopefully I can schedule some knee PT (my doc offered in December, and I'm finally going to take him up on it), and I found another solar company to get a quote from.

Basically it's going to take 10 years before solar pays itself off.  We figure to be in our house at least that long, probably more like 20.  It makes sense, if we can swing it.  Woo-hoo!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Scotty and I tie for the posting!!  Skip this thread, and go post in his. 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty and I tie for the posting!!  Skip this thread, and go post in his. 

Well, you posted this HsM because it is International Awesomeness Day...and you are awesome!

Apparently, we have a bunch of sleepyhead penguins today....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Brilliant

Well, you posted this HsM because it is International Awesomeness Day...and you are awesome!

Apparently, we have a bunch of sleepyhead penguins today....

Thank you both for posting!  I looked online early and didn't see a thread yet, and thought, "Cool, it's my turn to start."  But I don't know how to find all the holidays either, HsM!