Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies - Kickass! (Read 40 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 6.6 miles during a dry spell between rain/storms.  When I got home, I had wet feet but a dry ass.  Winner.

I hope everyone has a kickass day!  Get to it!

Runner with a riding problem.

Nice 6.6 PR! Happy Friday!

Humid out this morning. Easy 5er done. 8:56avg.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

delicate flower

Hello Friday friends!  LMAO lol

Another day, another swim.  2400 yards done, finishing the week with 7.7 miles.  That sounds like a lot.  Anyway, short jog on tap tonight.

I wore my skinny jeans to work today.  I don't fit into these very often...only when I am at my thinnest and at the end of the week.  But that's where I am right now.  And I got no butt left.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning. On our way to cape Cod. I got a migraine last night so I didn’t run. We’ll see if I will tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Back to run commuting. Bike commuting is not as fun, as I have to share the road with cars, and I don't like car drivers.

Was tired as hell at the end of last week. Took it easier this week and I'm feeling better now. I should be in a good enough shape for a true long run on Sunday. The long run of someone 5 weeks away from a 50K.

Cyberic

And I got no butt left.

Men without butts are not as popular.

bluerun

Super B****

In case you were looking for a way to run with a lower HR, I highly recommend congestion.  Being unable to breathe makes it feel like you're working really really hard, when in a cardio sense, you're actually not.

I hobbled 4.2.  I feel like a lumbering elephant.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good Morning!

Fun night for me last night, running out to the trail, then running the group trail run, and then running home. I did run out and back with a friend who started to struggle some on the return trip, so we threw a little walking in there, but that was fine. 13.87 miles in total.

Tonight the run will be a bit of a squeeze job. We're going to watch our young friend run his district level track meet, and then we'll have to just get some miles in wherever we can.

Pleasant...Good work on the rain timing!

Jay...Glad you enjoyed your easy 5.

Baboon...I just can't do the skinny jeans! It's not that I don't like the look. It's just that I legitimately can't get them over my calves (or if I can they just look absolutely absurd). I think my being a heavy forefoot striker leads to larger than normal calves. Are you more of a mid-foot guy?

Docket...Sorry about the migraine. Hope you still get to enjoy your trip.

Cyberic...I'm with you - I take absolute 0 pleasure from being on a bike. Glad you're feeling better this week, and good luck with the long run. My miles need to start coming up too.

Blue...I find elephants to be shockingly nimble Smile

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

When I got home, I had wet feet but a dry ass.  Winner.

lol

LRB

I wore my skinny jeans to work today.  I don't fit into these very often...only when I am at my thinnest and at the end of the week.  But that's where I am right now.  And I got no butt left.

Because you can't find anything else, I have about ten pair of them stupid things. I lol every time I look down at my legs while wearing them.

delicate flower

Baboon...I just can't do the skinny jeans! It's not that I don't like the look. It's just that I legitimately can't get them over my calves (or if I can they just look absolutely absurd). I think my being a heavy forefoot striker leads to larger than normal calves. Are you more of a mid-foot guy?

I'm pretty much a string bean these days, top to bottom.  And I'm a mid-foot to heel striker.  I've tried to run on my forefoot but it's just not a natural feel to me.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Blue...I find elephants to be shockingly nimble Smile

Apparently they can run faster than me, too, so maybe I ought to find another analogy!

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

I would rather have all of my toenails, fingernails and teeth extracted slowly, one by one, than wear a pair of skinny jeans.

chasing the impossible

KCRuns

Good morning!  I got my first post-marathon run in this morning.  2.15 miles run to work, I took the shortest route and kept it very easy.  It was low 50s and sunshine and everything felt great Smile  My mantra this time around is to not rush things, so I'll take the bus home tonight and probably just go for a walk tomorrow.  Trying to be smart and patient.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

There's a solution to any problem.  May I suggest...

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours