Beginners and Beyond

It's Finally Friday, Penguins! (Read 27 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi, Penguins!  I'd say TGIF, but I have an extra chorus rehearsal tomorrow morning, then I'm making a cheesecake for a SB party, and then Sunday is church, finishing the cheesecake, and the SB party (which isn't at my house, but is about 1.5 hours away from my house, so there's a good bit of travel time there).  So this is not really a catch-up weekend!  Unless of course it snows, which it might.  In which case DH and I will eat an entire cheesecake and go to bed early.  Anyway, I've got my Pandora on, and I brought my swimsuit in, so we'll see how the day shakes out.

N-Bug -- sounds like you're really well-prepped for the interview, woo-hoo!  Hope they're as excited about it as you are!

Gustav -- good luck with your Scrambled Legs!!

Bin -- woo-hoo for cleaning!  Wanna come do my house?

kristin -- have fun with whatever you end up doing!

Jerryb -- I was hurrying to and from my car today too!!

Docket -- good luck with your double, and hope your computer stops screwing us up!!

Rick -- welcome!!  My running always suffers in the winter, because I hate being cold.  I plan to hibernate while it's freezing and then bloom again come spring.

Scotty -- glad you had a nice day yesterday, but I bet you're making up for it today!!

hog -- have a good run!!

Lauren -- hope it's just the aches of getting back into things!!

Zelanie -- woo-hoo for your running journey!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Welcome Rick.  Hope you can check in often here.

Track was kind of crowded today and DW overheated so we cut it short after 3 miles. The FR10 did not work on the track very well.  I know we were going faster than 30 minute miles.  Staying home for Super Bowl, but otherwise another quiet weekend.

Have a great weekend.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Welcome, Rick! Smile

Scotty: Good news!

Gus: What is your specialty at karoeke?

Zel: Well done! Maybe someday some of us out here in the west can meet up for a HM or even... a FULL marathon!  Smile

As for me, Hog turned me on to a different HM plan that is 10 weeks instead of twelve, so I won't begin training for two more weeks. In the meantime I will continue to build mileage. Tonight it will be an easy for and tomorrow morning I am hoping for a VERY easy eight. Have a nice weekend.

hog4life

5 easy done in 48:57.

Zelanie, I think your story is amazing! You are such an inspiration Smile

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Congrats on a great first year of running Zelanie!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

GinnyinPA

Welcome Rick - I hope you get your mojo back.  Any races in the next few months that look interesting to you?

N-Bug - good luck on your interview Monday.

Laurel - I know what you mean about being a bit worried after coming back from injury.  Every twinge makes you wonder if you've gotten hurt again.  Just keep on going slow and easy.

HopesMom - I'll be glad to help your husband eat the cheesecake.  I love homemade cheesecake!

Damaris - nice double.

Scotty - I didn't know it got that cold where you live.  Must have felt nice for a change of pace.

Gustav - I am trying to figure out where high intensity fits into training too.  I read so much on the forums about how important it is to go slow and easy, but I've also read that you can make major improvements in fitness by high intensity workouts.  If you figure it out, please let us know.

Kristin - I did yoga yesterday.  It is a good alternative when you can't run, but make sure not to overstress your injury.

AFM:  cold, windy, with a dusting of snow.  I hope to run this afternoon, after a doctor's appt., but it probably won't be outside.  The walk was cold enough.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty -- glad you had a nice day yesterday, but I bet you're making up for it today!!

Yes, was very busy this morning, but got all caught up pretty quick.

So now I'm starting the countdown...I have ZERO minutes left....I am off at noon today...so see ya later!  Have a great weekend everyone!  Chat with you more later after I get home. I am going to surprise Gail and stop by her office and treat her to lunch.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

I really really REALLY want this day to be over.  Please!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Hey guys!  Sorry I haven't been around much this week.  I've managed to sneak my miles in where possible.  I even ran a few miles after drinking with a customer the other night.  Anybody ever try that?

Zel - Congrats on one year!  I don't think I've had a consistent year yet, but I'm getting there.  If you can find a 5K next weekend, we can have a rematch!

I'll try to get to more personals later, but I have to go get some prints transferred to a thumb drive, and finish this week strong.  Then, I have a bunch of wedding stuff to do this weekend, and still have 22 more miles (8 & 14) to squeeze in Saturday and Sunday.  YAY!!!

Oh yeah, I'm going to try again next week to see if I can run a 5K in under 25.  So many variables with this race though, I'd just be happy with a PR.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Singer who runs a smidge

Ok, so I turned 40 back in September.  And now my brain is total mush.  Last night at chorus I could not remember where I was supposed to stand in the new riser configuration the director set up just last Thursday.  Today I got a call from a fellow asking for the title of the talk I'm giving on Feb 11th.  Unfortunately I have absolutely no memory of this conversation, and so I did not at all remember that I was giving a talk.  So I need to develop a seminar.

Mush brain.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

hog4life

Can yall see my avatar? I can't. How do you get it back?

Singer who runs a smidge

It seems to be gone, hog.  Not sure how to get it back ... I had to go search through the tech forum just to remember how to post a picture.

Zelanie

Had a great run today!  First 11 miler, and almost right from the start it was hard to slow down.  My pace tends to stay pretty much the same for a while, then drop suddenly, so maybe it's happening again?   Hoping I'm not pushing to too hard but I really enjoyed the run.  Last 4 were below my goal HM pace, so I might just need a new "A" goal.

Thank you to everybody who wished me a happy runniversary!  It's definitely been a good year for me!

HsM- Good luck on the cheesecake!  Sounds delicious!  What kind are you making?  And good luck on the seminar. Lucky that you didn't get that call the night before!

Jerry- Hopefully there are many more outside days when you can use the Garmin coming up!

Jack- GL on the new plan!  We do get down to your part of the world at least semi-regularly, so maybe we could at least meet for a run if not a race.  Though you'd have to slow down for me, especially in the heat!

Ginny- GL getting the run in later!

Awood- I am making plans to run a 5K Feb. 23rd.  There are none in my area next weekend.  But I can promise that whatever time you get, I will do my best to beat on my race day!  So run fast, because I'm coming for you!

Mitch- I think Damaris had that avatar problem yesterday.  Maybe she knows how to solve it?

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

7 miles for me this morning, after a couple of URDs.  I was going to make it a double, but the wind was crazy, so I decided to wimp out and have fresh baked cookies instead. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Awood- I am making plans to run a 5K Feb. 23rd.  There are none in my area next weekend.  But I can promise that whatever time you get, I will do my best to beat on my race day!  So run fast, because I'm coming for you!

A Penguin Showdown Rematch?!!? Yesssss!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to