Beginners and Beyond

Numb toes with new running shoes (Read 39 times)

Dad on the run.

Has anyone experienced this? It's done it in my Asics, New Balance and now my Mizuno. My left 3 toes on my left foot go numb for most of the run once I've put some miles in the shoes though it stops happening. I've read in multiple places about how you should have to break in a new shoe but I have to disagree, especially a stiffer style shoe. I didn't have this problem with my Skecher Go Runs.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

thekl0wn

Pigtail Connoisseur

Look into alternative lacing methods.  I, for one, can't just lace up a pair in the standard way and go for a run...  Gotta experiment with skipping an eyelet.

Something witty

Why not go back to your Skechers?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I wonder if they are the right size for you.  YOu might need bigger or wider size in those models.

No idea otherwise.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Yeah they are pretty much taking the running world by storm.

LRB

No idea otherwise.

Me neither.  I have had that problem on the elliptical and bike but never running.

B-Plus

Yeah they are pretty much taking the running world by storm.

A guy I ran with last week offered to ask his peeps if I could get a free pair to try out. I turned him down 

Dad on the run.

Because I can't run in the Ultras and the Go Runs while I love them for shorter distances my feet start hurting on the longer runs. My Go Runs are in my rotation, just not enough cushion for me for the long runs. I'm either to big, or just don't have good running form.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Antipodean

I have had this problem too. Goes away by itself. Could be related to tying the laces a tad tight in the middle, so perhaps skipping an eyelet there could help. I have kind of go used to this happening when shoes are new. Maybe it's to do with the sole loosening/softening up.

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary