Beginners and Beyond

Nothing Else Matters Mondailies! (Read 51 times)

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning! I am dressed and going out to attempt a run, though it may end up just being a walk. I made one huge mistake in Saturday's adventure: I did not stretch afterwards. And my hip, along with other parts, is not happy about that. If nothing else, I'll walk and spend some serious time stretching and rolling, and then repeat that at lunch time. I also have kyukido with my son tonight, which could be interesting.

Have a great day, runners!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning gang! I ran 13.1 miles in 1:44:05 (7:57 pace) last night. By the time I got home it was dark out. Me and one of our schnauzers are hanging out on the couch right now. It is part of our morning routine. I think she is having a hard time waking up like I am. Today is a SRD which is a good thing because I have to work late.

Basya - Yesterday's run went well. I was happy with the even splits. I am not back to my pre-injury fitness but I am making good progress. Here are my splits.

Splits (GPS Interval)
         TypeDistance Split settingsDurationTotal DurationPaceAvg HRMax HRNotes
        1 Interval 1 mi 8:26.19 8:26.19 8:27      
        2 Interval 1 mi 8:03.02 16:29.21 8:04      
        3 Interval 1 mi 8:06.19 24:35.40 8:07      
        4 Interval 1 mi 8:03.60 32:39 8:04      
        5 Interval 1 mi 8:01.20 40:40.20 8:02      
        6 Interval 1 mi 7:53.91 48:34.11 7:54      
        7 Interval 1 mi 7:55.18 56:29.29 7:56      
        8 Interval 1 mi 7:56.39 1:04:25.68 7:57      
        9 Interval 1 mi 7:51.89 1:12:17.57 7:52      
        10 Interval 1 mi 7:52.04 1:20:09.61 7:53      
        11 Interval 1 mi 7:50.98 1:28:00.59 7:51      
        12 Interval 1 mi 7:50.33 1:35:50.92 7:51      
        13 Interval 1 mi 7:27.62 1:43:18.54 7:28      
        14 Interval 0.1 mi 0:47.11 1:44:05.65 7:52

Have a great start to the week everyone! God bless.

delicate flower

*rubs eyes*  Happy Monday morning!  And I am definitely feeling the Monday Morning Tireds right now.  Good weekend.  Ran 20 miles total, cleaned the house, wife bought a car, had dinner with the Oskis, watched a lot of football, ate a lot of crap.  I am looking forward to a nice run after work today in 60 degree temps.

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I was MIA from the forums this weekend..... I will catch you guys up on what I have been up to, and skim through the old dailies to see what you were all up to....

I went to my boyfriend's in MD this weekend. Forumite Di2.0 and I recently figured out she lives a town away from my boyfriend, and we planned to meet up on a trail that is like 15 minutes from my boyfriend's house because she had around 12 miles to run Saturday morning and I wanted to do at least 10. Unfortunately I was up basically all night in GI distress (ugh, super fun when you are at your boyfriend's house) and I still didn't feel good at the time I would have had to leave to meet her so I had to cancel Sad. Hope to meet her another time I am down there though. I finally felt better around 9:00am or so, I took a nap, had a lazy morning on the couch with my bf, and finally around 1:00pm I headed out for 4 miles with the dog. Sunday I tried again for 10. I ran 4 with a woman who lives in my bf's neighborhood who I had met at a race in June, and then continued on by myself (she had done 20 with her MCM training group the day before so only needed a short shake out run). She brought me a salted caramel GU. I have never had a GU, but have been experimenting with some fueling for my upcoming half (before this I had tried Energy Beans a few times) and she wanted me to try this GU business. GUYS! WHY DID NO ONE EVER TELL ME GU IS SO AMAZING!!! I took the salted caremel GU (which was DELICIOUS) at mile 6. And this happened:

Before GU:

After GU:

I was hoping for at least 10. I had miscalculated my route a little and was still about .5 miles from my bf's house when my Garmin beeped for 10, so I tossed around the idea of walking the .5 remaining distance back but I felt GREAT still so I decided to get to 10.5 and see how I felt. GREAT. So I did a few little out and backs by his street to get to 11. I feel very confident about that 11 mile run. It felt really good, and managed to average 11:38 minute miles, and a negative split.

Today is a running rest day but may hit the gym later for some cross training.

Have a great day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good morning all, I got 5.1 easy miles in this morning before the sun and it was a beautiful, chilly 53 degrees with no clouds and a lot of stars. I LOVE Fall and one reason is the clear starry skies at night, the crisp, cold air and the fact that I am not pulling off sweaty,  nasty clothing at a run. Going to use the stick today, a lot and a lot of stretching, yesterday's 12 miler left my legs feeling really sore and tight. Hopefully that will help some. Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Monday!  Rest day for me after an active weekend:

Saturday:   5K in Austin, supporting a Child Advocates organization.  As the theme was Super Heros, there were lots and lots of costumes.  Link and Photos:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/3d9b3a6194b749f699de16c08da7b424/resume#focus

Sunday morning:  5K in San Antonio on some local trails, followed by beer and breakfast tacos.  Link and photos:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/6c164c520301486caecdf272f6cdb26a/resume#focus

Sunday afternoon:  Gail and I went to they Y and did a weight training circuit.

And....Holidays for September 23 are:

White Chocolate Day

Checkers Day

Elephant Appreciation Day

checkers cartoons, checkers cartoon, checkers picture, checkers pictures, checkers image, checkers images, checkers illustration, checkers illustrations

checkers cartoons, checkers cartoon, checkers picture, checkers pictures, checkers image, checkers images, checkers illustration, checkers illustrations

KEYWORD1  1994-06-01  checker cab  checker cabs  checker  checkers  game  games  board game  board g

KEYWORD1  2008-08-26  elephant  elephants  stampede  stampedes  stampeding  zoo  zoos  escape

KEYWORD1  2006-08-12  elephant  elephants  mammal  mammals  animal  animals  computer  computers

KEYWORD1  2003-04-25  computer  computers  technology  software  hardware  harddrive  hard drive  ha

KEYWORD1  2005-01-16  wool  wools  wooly mammoth  wooly mammoths  mammoth  mammoths  animal  animals

mom, candy, halloween,

chocolate cartoons, chocolate cartoon, chocolate picture, chocolate pictures, chocolate image, chocolate images, chocolate illustration, chocolate illustrations

chocolate cartoons, chocolate cartoon, chocolate picture, chocolate pictures, chocolate image, chocolate images, chocolate illustration, chocolate illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  8 miles tonight.

SUS, nice 13.  Enjoy the rest.

Shari, sorry about the tightness, let it loose.

Baboon, enjoy today's run.

Kristin, sorry you did not get to meet Di.

Andrea, nice 5.

Scotty, hello!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Kristin - I agree - the salted caramel Gu is great! Other flavors are OK, but salted caramel and chocolate mint make long runs much more fun.

I shuffled my way through a little over 3 miles, then spent an equal amount of time stretching and rolling. Things are bit better, but range of motion in my left hip, which is always tighter anyway, is probably only about75% of normal. I will be calling to set up a massage appointment this week.

Docket_Rocket

Kristin - I agree - the salted caramel Gu is great! the best stuff on earth! ther flavors are OK, but salted caramel and chocolate mint make long runs much more fun.

I shuffled my way through a little over 3 miles, then spent an equal amount of time stretching and rolling. Things are bit better, but range of motion in my left hip, which is always tighter anyway, is probably only about75% of normal. I will be calling to set up a massage appointment this week.

FYP.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

8 w/ 8 strides. Maybe I'll have to try this salted caramel stuff.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

Looking over at my training schedule at the beginning of this training period I knew today's workout would be rough. I ran a 10k Saturday, where I PR'ed. Today I had an 8 mile Tempo run scheduled. Ugh. Well I did it. Including a warmup and cooldown mile, I completed 8 miles @ 8:11 avg pace.

This week is my peak mile week in my FM training. I was looking at the workouts and realized that I'm 1 week behind. Now I'm faced with a choice on how to handle my taper. FM is on October 12th.

My plan calls for me to run 56 this week, including 8 tempo and 7 pace with a 22 mile LR.

Next week is 47 miles, 5 tempo, 6 pace with a 15 mile LR.

The following week is 32 miles, 4 tempo, 4 pace, 8 mile LR.

Then the final week is just light running of 3 and 2 mile Easy runs. Nothing major.

Maybe I should just cut out that 32 mile week? Maybe take out that 47 mile week instead? Thoughts?

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

StepbyStep-SH

Morning dailies.

Looking over at my training schedule at the beginning of this training period I knew today's workout would be rough. I ran a 10k Saturday, where I PR'ed. Today I had an 8 mile Temp run scheduled. Ugh. Well I did it. Including a warmup and cooldown mile, I completed 8 miles @ 8:11 avg pace.

This week is my peak mile week in my FM training. I was looking at the workouts and realized that I'm 1 week behind. Now I'm faced with a choice on how to handle my taper.

My plan calls for me to run 56 this week, including 8 tempo and 7 pace with a 22 mile LR.

Next week is 47 miles, 5 tempo, 6 pace with a 15 mile LR.

The following week is 32 miles, 4 tempo, 4 pace, 8 mile LR.

Then the final week is just light running of 3 and 2 mile Easy runs. Nothing major.

Maybe I should just cut out that 32 mile week? Maybe take out that 47 mile week instead? Thoughts?

Have a great day everyone!

See how you feel 2 weeks out, and base the decision on that. You can always mix-and-match those two weeks, maybe keeping the longer speed days to stay sharp, but cutting back the LR to 12.

Zelanie

Morning!  Last day of double-shift Monday for me!  I have 6 on the plan after work tonight.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.1. Now work. Then lunch with a friend.

Marjorie