Beginners and Beyond

Rain go away SaturDAILIES (Read 49 times)

RunningOnSand

really? Is everyone out running? Hope I'm not missing another thread.

RunningOnSand

So while I have your attention (), I'm freaking out a bit. Half marathon starts in about 2h, it'll be 54° the whole race. Winds at 4-5mph. And it's likely to start raining an hour in. I'd picked out a singlet and shorts - still go with this plan?! Add a lightweight vest?!

delicate flower

'Morning! 54 degrees is singlet weather for sure. Good luck, ROS!

I ran 5 miles with no energy. I'm glad I had the option to move my LR to tomorrow because that's what I did.

<3

Cyberic

So while I have your attention (), I'm freaking out a bit. Half marathon starts in about 2h, it'll be 54° the whole race. Winds at 4-5mph. And it's likely to start raining an hour in. I'd picked out a singlet and shorts - still go with this plan?! Add a lightweight vest?!

Too late for my comment, but I would not go with a vest for a race. Arm warmers, yes, light gloves, yes, but I would steam in a vest.

oldfartrunner

'Morning! 54 degrees is singlet weather for sure. Good luck, ROS!

I ran 5 miles with no energy. I'm glad I had the option to move my LR to tomorrow because that's what I did.

ROS: Singlet, but after if wet you'll be cold.

Baboon: Good call!  I always thought it is better to be able to do the workout with more energy and better form than struggling through it.

nOOky

Good luck ROS a singlet should be fine!

Istria 110k 4-6-2024

WS100 6-29-2024

UTMB 171k 8-30-2024

MCM 10-27-2024

LRB

For me, 54 will feel like 74 starting around mile 3 and beyond, so I would dress for that.

I do not have a vest but I do have a rain jacket that I have tried twice. That thing serves no useful purpose while running in the rain other than making you feel like a hotdog in pot of boiling water. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Singlet weather for sure!

At the airport, waiting to board for Chicago.

Damaris

Absolutely. And hopefully have access to a dry shirt & jacket quickly afterwards. Now if it was 40, raining, and 20mph winds...actually same thing, but you'd be fucking miserable.

Dave

No more marathons

Absolutely. And hopefully have access to a dry shirt & jacket quickly afterwards. Now if it was 40, raining, and 20mph winds...actually same thing, but you'd be fucking miserable.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Today was the closest thing to a "workout" that I've done in months.

The course I decided on has three strava segments and my plan was to run those a bit harder - sort of a fartlek type workout.

My pace slowed for each, but at least the first one was good enough to get me a PR  (snort) on the first segment.

So, 6.2 miles and an 8 day streak.  I might need to keep this going.  Gives me some sort of motivation to get out there each day.

He's a leaker!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I got in another 3.5 miles last night.

This morning, my legs are feeling shot.... and really tired. Jetta and I got in 5.2 miles and I went back to bed.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

I ran 7.

I "ran" 5.

Dave

No more marathons

I "ran" 5.

It is heartening to see that even some of you speedy youngsters have days when a slow pace is required.  Smile

He's a leaker!