Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES; Say this, not that (Read 39 times)

LRB

LRB

'Sup.

One would think that after two days of no running, I would be raring to go...

Nope. lol

Cyberic

One would think that after two days of no running, I would be raring to go...

Nope. lol

No more marathons

Calling for thunderstorms around noon today.  Looks like I might wait until after work to run.

Means I could hit the track and stop making excuses for not doing any speed work.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

delicate flower

GOOD MORNING, FRIENDS!  lmao

My legs (and body) feel surprisingly good this morning.  No workout this morning meant an extra hour of sleep, so maybe that helped.  We'll see how the system responds when I attempt my tempo run this afternoon.  76 degrees....I can't wait.

I had another strong bike ride last night (bike equivalent of a tempo run).  19 miles at 19.9 mph.  As happy as I am about how my running and swimming are coming along, I am most surprised at how much faster I have gotten on the bike, and my bike training is really just getting going.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning. Got home from work at 10:30 last night so I am tired. Pilates and 5 tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mr MattM

3 early miles before the storm hit... quite the light show!  5-6 at lunch.  3-4 this evening.  Same old song and dance.  Might hit 90 for the week.

be curious; not judgmental

LRB

I staggered through 6 miles and my legs were none too happy about it. It will probably be more of the same for tomorrow's run as I have YOGA tonight.

Zelanie

Morning!  Took a RD yesterday, 4-6 today. Smile  Slowly getting back to myself.  Hope to get my run in in time to watch the Blazers hopefully not get their hearts broken.  I'm kinda going for Golden State in the series, I just want Portland to do well too. 

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 13.6 daylight miles.  I beat a thunderstorm with marble-sized hail by about 2 mins.  It is my lucky day.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Ric-G

Hope to get my run in in time to watch the Blazers hopefully not get their hearts broken.  I'm kinda going for Golden State in the series, I just want Portland to do well too. 

When Steph decided to completely take over during overtime a couple nights ago that was it. He's back! And the way San Antonio is playing, the spurs might be gonzo.

Nothing really planned later as the room is now cleared out for phase one of painting. Have a good day all!

marathon pr - 3:16

delicate flower

Morning!  Took a RD yesterday, 4-6 today. Smile  Slowly getting back to myself.  Hope to get my run in in time to watch the Blazers hopefully not get their hearts broken.  I'm kinda going for Golden State in the series, I just want Portland to do well too. 

Well you kind of had to expect they were going to lose.  So, certainly disappointing to see them get knocked out if you are a fan, but also the expected result.

On that note, I am kind of surprised to see OKC with a series lead right now.

<3

onemile

I staggered through 6 miles and my legs were none too happy about it. It will probably be more of the same for tomorrow's run as I have YOGA tonight.

Do you think you are benefiting from the yoga?  I just started another 7 weeks session but I don't know. And I'm not looking forward to my post-yoga run tonight either.

LRB

Do you think you are benefiting from the yoga?

I cannot say that I am getting a running benefit out of it (at least not yet), but because I can do things now there that I couldn't when I started in January, I would have to say yes. Whether that ever translates to running has kind of lost its importance strangely enough. For the relatively nominal cost, I think the flexibility, strength and balance aspect of it is worth it on its own.