Beginners and Beyond

It's Monday-I know (Read 39 times)

oldfartrunner

So what you got on this Monday.

I've got 10/5 planned, just easy aerobic. Got 49 miles last week.

Bread: That's a ton of elevation gain!  You are a Mt. Goat! Hope the opening goes well and you can still train. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Apparently, nothing.  My coach gave me a rest day. I don't know what to do with myself... Weight tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Hi.

I jogged for 4 miles, wearing loose running pants. Yes, I have those. Four pairs actually. They are from the days when I would not have been caught dead wearing tights. Imagine that.

oldfartrunner

Hi.

I jogged for 4 miles, wearing loose running pants. Yes, I have those. Four pairs actually. They are from the days when I would not have been caught dead wearing tights. Imagine that.

Heck, I still wear sweats LRB. Lol!  Out here it's so dry usually getting wet is not a problem. I just like the warm feel of cotton. Polyester just feels cold to me. I do have some lined tights that are pretty nice and toasty though.

bluerun

Super B****

25 trainer miles -- first time since the beginning of October that my leg didn't hurt from the bike, so yay?

Today is unofficially a year since I sfx-ed my ankle (unofficially because it HAPPENED on 12/11, wasn't diagnosed until a few days later).  To celebrate, my other ankle feels off.  That HAS to be in my head.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

'Morning!  I swam 3000 yards before work, which is a longer swim as these things go.  I had extra time before my car appointment.  Speaking of which, I am lucky to have a shop I can trust.  I've had this car for a year and today was the first time I took it to this shop because I got tired of the dealer's expensive 90 minute oil changes.  I asked them to use synthetic oil because the dealer said to, but the shop said I don't need it and regular oil was fine and much cheaper.  So I went with the regular oil, and sure enough the owner manual says regular oil is fine but synthetic is better.  So my oil change today was $55 instead of the $120 the dealer was charging me.     This is the same shop that told me to ditch my old car instead of spending $2000 on the repairs it needed even though the shop said they'd love to take my money.

<3

URD. Staying home from work too. Back seems to be a little better, but still really tough to get around.

loose running pants. Yes, I have those. Four pairs actually. They are from the days when I would not have been caught dead wearing tights. 

+1

Except that is still the case for me, I do not own any tights. I would not wear sweatpants though; these are close-fitting and tech material. I am no longer averse to the concept of tights, but I really like these. Super comfortable, never feel too warm or too cold. Plus I rarely get weather anymore where I can't get away with shorts, so not so interested in investing in new gear.

Dave

KCRuns

Happy Monday!

Congrats to the racers this weekend!  I need to go back and read the race reports, but a quick read through the dailies shows everybody did great!

Last week I was slammed at work with several clients in town and didn't get to run most of the week.  I did get in 7 on Saturday and 10 yesterday.  It feels sooooo good to finally be able to run without any pain, hip is feeling great!

I'll run with my Monday night group after work and they're usually good for 3 miles.  If I get there early, I'll get a couple more miles in on my own.

zzyzx

The world apparently decided that I was not to do cardio today. I woke up sick but still went to the gym hoping I would feel better afterward. Then on my last machine of my lifting routine, I hit my knee while adjusting the seat, which was one of those things where I crumpled to the floor in intense pain for about 2 minutes and then it faded. I thought about taking that as a sign, but changed my mind. As I was unloading the weights, there was a loud pop and the power went out. Most of the cardio machines were down but I noticed that the bikes were still working so I considered still doing my workout but they then evacuated the gym.

seated dip/hip abduction/hip abbuction/chin/horizontal calf/ seated leg press. I plan to at least powerwalk the 2-3 miles RT to my eye doctor appointment today unless doing that leads to some sort of massive accident that blocks all of the sidewalks.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

OFR - That's a great week, especially with the race bookending it!

Docket - You deserve a rest day, but I know what you mean.  Weights are a good alternative.

LRB - You're a running fashion statement!  Tights are so yesteryear.  Just don't throw on those knitted florescent colored ankle warmers.  I might have to change my opinion then. 

bluerun - Sounds like your other ankle is jealous from a year's worth of attention.  Hope it's only temporary.

Baboon - Finding a good indy repair shop is priceless.  And go with what the manual recommends.... but I would prefer synthetic over non.  You could go to Walmart and buy a 5 quart jug of synthetic and have your indy use that too.

Dave - Sounds like your body is telling you something.  Could be a flu too?  Tis the season.

KCRuns - Nice weekend miles.  Glad to hear the hip is pain free!

zzyzx - Sounds like an all around bad / unlucky day.  Maybe take that as a sign not to force it.

I might try to get 4 in tonight if I'm not getting home too late.  Yesterday, I bowled a 122, 159, 114, and 126.  Not too shabby for not bowling in who knows how many years.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

hog4life

Work, and RD from running. I got all my pics loaded to FB, so I'll try to get my RR done tonight when I get home.

Runshortii

SRD. 3rd 12 hour shift in a row and 4th this week. Yay

oldfartrunner

I got 10.07 @ 8:42. 5 more tonight and weights. Smile

KC: Good news!

Shortii: You are getting slammed!

Dave: Smart move.

Berto: Don't quit your day job just yet.  It's hard to make it on the pro bowling tour.

ZZ: Watch for sidewalk cracks.

Dave - Sounds like your body is telling you something.  Could be a flu too?  Tis the season.

No. Just my back being an asshole. I guess the benefit is that it forces me to rest, & maybe some other stuff can heal up.

Dave

onemile

I got 10.07 @ 8:42. 5 more tonight and weights. Smile

Your weekly mileage must be adding up with all these doubles